Honor Student
CaptKup4
Message 1 of 6 (1,249 Views)
Accepted Solution

Bios Update

HP Pavilion p6230y

H-RS880-uATX (Aloe) motherboard

Windows 7 64bit

Any updates available for bios for this computer?  I know HP does not have any, thought someone might know of one.  I'd like more control if possible.  Thanks.

Provost
Paul_Tikkanen
Message 2 of 6 (1,246 Views)

Re: Bios Update

Hi:

You can only use BIOS updates released by HP for your PC.

If you try to install a "generic" BIOS update from the motherboard manufacturer, more than likely you will turn your PC into an expensive doorstop.

Paul

Honor Student
CaptKup4
Message 3 of 6 (1,229 Views)

I realize that I can't just install any bios.  I see that HP used a Foxxconn motherboard in my particular computer.  I have no real experience with these major manufacturer computers as this is my wife's.  I guess my question is, does it have to be a HP bios or can I search for a Foxxconn bios that matches my board.  I'm looking for a simple overclock of my processor and a bios that can do that.  Or, is there a software solution to this.  Again, no experience with HP and not sure how they do things.

Provost
Paul_Tikkanen
Message 4 of 6 (1,226 Views)

[ Edited ]

I guess I wasn't clear.

You cannot install a Foxconn BIOS update for that motherboard--which is what I meant by a generic BIOS update from the motherboard manufacturer.

The only one you can install is the one listed on your PC's support and driver page.

You cannot overclock any HP computer that I know of.

Honor Student
CaptKup4
Message 5 of 6 (1,223 Views)

Thanks.
Provost
Paul_Tikkanen
Message 6 of 6 (1,219 Views)

You're welcome.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation