Question

Student
GregRudy
Message 1 of 5 (5,551 Views)

Blank Web Pages in Internet Explorer 10

Just bought one of your Windows 8 desktop.  Out of the box, Internet explorer is problematic.  Displays blank (White) pages on many sites, including yours and Microsoft.  Downloads start, but then stop mid way...never completing.  Windows update will not connect. 

I have reset Internet Explorer under the advanced tab in internet options.  I can get to many web pages without issue.  Bing, Google, MSN, Yahoo.  I can get to your main pages, but I cannot get to http://www8.hp.com/us/en/support-drivers.html for example.  I can get to Microsoft.com.  But not technet pages where I might find solutions. The pages just say "waiting on...%domainname%" 

I can get to Chrome Download page...start the download, but it will stop about 80% in and go no further.  I can access Logmein from the computer and access external computers...as well as remotely access this machine.  Logmein istalled flawlessly as did several other programs that we use.  It makes no sense.  Why some...but not all? 

By the way...I am an IT professional with 20+ years experience.  I have no answer for this issue, but since it's your OEM machine, Microsoft will not support it. 

Tag...you're it. 

Please for the sake of the forum, do not post back non answers.  If you have a solution, by all means... But mindless try this or reset this answers will be frowned upon.  I do this for a living.  It's the first time I have seen this  I am hoping not the fist time you have. 

Win 8 64

AMD E2-1800 APU with Radeon HD @ 1.7Ghz

6 gig Ram

If no answers... Can we downgrade back to Win 7? 

Honor Student
aknotter
Message 2 of 5 (5,473 Views)

Re: Blank Web Pages in Internet Explorer 10

I have an HP g7 laptop with Windows 8.  I also have the "blank page" error.   When I get the blank page, however, the computer hangs.  I can go to Task Manager and "End Task".   I wanted to see if I could install a fresh copy of IE 10, after uninstalling the Non working version.  Everything I can find says, (in essence)  "IE 10 is an integral part of Win8!"

Distinguished Professor
anthony82
Message 3 of 5 (5,451 Views)

Hello aknotter,

You’re having problems with IE not displaying web pages.

If you have uninstalled IE, you will have to do a recovery to get it back.

Let me know how everything goes.

Have a good day.

Honor Student
aknotter
Message 4 of 5 (5,382 Views)

I have not uninstalled IE, because I didn't know if it was easily reinstalled.  So, thanks to your reply, I will not uninstall IE.  I have seen many references on the net about Win8 & IE10 issues.  I'm hoping MS will get their act together and find a fix.  I do appreciate your response.     ~~~~~~~~~~~~~aknotter

Distinguished Professor
AxshunJaxun
Message 5 of 5 (5,296 Views)

(My apologies if you've already tried these steps)

1. Open IE 10

2. Tools > Internet Options > Advanced Tab

3. Uncheck 'HTTP 1.1 through proxy connection' in the HTTP 1.1 Settings section.

4. Check 'Enable Enhanced Protection Mode' in the Security section.

5. Click Apply and OK. Restart. 

These steps seemed to help many people on this video.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation