Question

Tutor
Deejaycee
Message 1 of 35 (19,910 Views)
Accepted Solution

Bluetooth stack service error

I have an HP Pavilion h8-1260t Desktop with Windows 7 64-bit and 32-bit.  Suddenly an error keeps popping up advising that my Bluetooth Stack service is not working.  Don't know why it stopped.  Can you help?  The only things I have done since I purchased this desktop is use Norton 360 v5 and Microsoft Windows Update.

Teacher
Scolton
Message 2 of 35 (19,908 Views)

Re: Bluetooth stack service error

Are you implying you have a dual boot system?

Go to Services (Start Menu --> Search --> Services.msc) and start the "Bluetooth Stack" Service. Make sure that you have BTStack.exe and BTTray.exe are running.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please give Kudos. What other kind of recognition could I get?
Have I solved your problem? Mark solution as accepted.
I try to hate Macintosh. I really do. But I can't bring myself to hate any electronic device. :smileyhappy:
Tutor
rockymntere
Message 3 of 35 (19,824 Views)

[ Edited ]

I have a VERY similar computer:

Product Name: HP H8-1160t
Product Number: QC45AV#ABA

I spent over 3 hours with HP chat and in typical fashion they could not solve the problem and requested I restore to original OS. I refused. HP Support needs to figure out a way to RESOLVE a customer problem without first jumping to "please restore your system".

After a second call to HP, they sent me a replacement Wireless Card, and much to my surprise the Hardware Tech showed up as scheduled on a SATURDAY no less; even after being told by HP that no weekend calls are made.

Anyway, the very nice service tech installed the new part and ...drum roll....wait for it...Voila!!!!

NO FIX!!  As expected.  Why Did HP Software Support think the new card would fix the issue??
HP Software Support is virtually USELESS, actually, lets just say without any equivocation at all: HP SOFTWARE Support is USELESS; HARDWARE SUPPORT IS FANTASTIC...

OK. I FIXED the problem myself:

I downloaded the Broadcom fix:

sp56715.exe

Available from:

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp56501-57000/ sp56715.exe   (eliminate the spaces...HP forum would not let me load this VALID site.

Rebooted, Bluetooth service started up, NO BTTray Stack Error, discovered my device (old LG Cell Phone), connected, and I was able to access the MY Music, Pictures, Video files finally.

Trust me, HP Software Support is a waste of time.

Teacher
Scolton
Message 4 of 35 (19,820 Views)

Gotta disagree with you there.  It just depends on the problem.  I have had two problems with my laptop in two days, and they fixed both of them via Live Chat.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I try to hate Macintosh. I really do. But I can't bring myself to hate any electronic device. :smileyhappy:
Tutor
rockymntere
Message 5 of 35 (19,815 Views)

Any somewhat relatively complex issue and they are stumped. They read from a script. If the issue is not resolved within the context of the script within a set number of steps, they resort to please restore your system. One has to be POLITE and yet very FIRM with them and escalate to the second level engineer. Even after that I find that more than 90% of the time HP Software Support can not fix the issue.

You should feel great they fixed yours in a timely fashion without having to restore your system.

Teacher
Scolton
Message 6 of 35 (19,811 Views)

I am very pleased

Tutor
Deejaycee
Message 7 of 35 (19,800 Views)

This fix really worked perfectly.  My Bluetooth Stack Error has disappeared.  Immediately when the download started, I could see that my issue was going to be resolved.  I had been looking for help for a long time.  Thank you so much.

Tutor
Deejaycee
Message 8 of 35 (19,797 Views)

I'm sorry to report that this did not work.  It turned out to be a temporary fix but thanks for trying to help me.

Teacher
KeithM
Message 9 of 35 (19,767 Views)

My wife has an h8 1090t desktop with Windows 7 professional.  I went to show her how to use bluetooth with her phone.

We could not tranfer her pictures to the desk top and the bluetooth stack service error would come up periodically. I uninstalled  the bluetooth in device manager and re installed with no change.

I checked in the Recovery Manager and saw listed in software HP Bluetooth software.  I then went to Programs and Features and uninstalled the HP Bluetooth software.

Before reinstalling it though I discovered that the bluetooth finally started working without errors with the HP Bluetooth software removed.  Without re installing HP Bluetooth software I am able to download from my wife's phone using bluetooth.

The fix for me was to remove HP bluetooth software and leave it off.

Student
ko1234
Message 10 of 35 (19,240 Views)

I downloaded 'DriverFinder' following advice from another Post to check version currency. Its a tool that scans and checks the driver versions and then enables you to download and install updates. $40 subscription for 2 years ... I needed a quick resolution so seemed Ok.

I found that my Bluetooth Driver Versions were out of date via the tool, performed the auto download and reinstallation and everything was fine again.

Just an idea for others with the problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation