Box around cursor (949 Views)
Student
ajspruit
Message 1 of 3 (949 Views)

Box around cursor

Somehow, in going through settings, I hit an option to put a box (looks like a text box) around the cursor as it moves around the screen. I can't find where I had done this or how to un-do this. I tried re-starting and that didn't work. Any ideas?

Provost
Paul_Tikkanen
Message 2 of 3 (934 Views)

Re: Box around cursor

[ Edited ]

Hi:

I don't know off the top of my head how to change the cursor settings, but if you want to fix the problem fast, just use the system restore utility found in XP, Vista or Windows 7.

In XP, go to start>all programs>accessories>system tools>system restore. Select "restore my computer to an earlier time." then click next. You will be presented with a calendar that should have some dates in bold. Select a date in bold that was before you changed your cursor properties and click on a restore point, Click next and windows will restore your computer to the settings on that day. It will restart and you should be good to go.

If you Have Vista or 7 it works the same way. You may have to locate the program in a slightly different way. Use the search box at the bottom of your programs menu which would be the easiest way to find it.

Paul

Regents Professor
Hanspuppa
Message 3 of 3 (927 Views)

Re: Box around cursor

ajspruit wrote: Somehow, in going through settings, I hit an option to put a box (looks like a text box) around the cursor as it moves around the screen. I can't find where I had done this or how to un-do this. I tried re-starting and that didn't work. Any ideas?

Hello ajspruit, Normally you can enter the control panel and select the Mouse icon, and make changes to how the mouse and cursors look and respond.

This may or may not be your issue.

Just some thoughts.

Please click the White Kudos star on the left, to say thanks.

Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation