Question

Student
Gavind
Message 1 of 2 (760 Views)

Can i upgrade the power supply on a hp pavilion p6-2030a?

The hp pavilion p6-2030a comes with a 300W power supply. Can I upgrade it? What upgrade options to this power supply are available from HP?

Provost
erico
Message 2 of 2 (756 Views)

Re: Can i upgrade the power supply on a hp pavilion p6-2030a?

Gavind wrote:

The hp pavilion p6-2030a comes with a 300W power supply. Can I upgrade it? What upgrade options to this power supply are available from HP?

You can purchase an ATX PSU and upgrade it yourself or have it done at a local PC shop. I have never heard of HP offering a PSU upgrade.  Stick with top name PSU brands like OCZ, PC Power & Cooling or Corsair. The PSU should be an ATX12V v 2.2 or 2.3 /EPS12v v2 / EPS / 80 plus Bronze certified for best compatibility. I recommend a modular type as space inside an OEM HP case is rather limited. 450 Watts or better is recommended for PSU upgrades.

Many top brand PSUs are available at NewEGG as on this web page.

Help others seeking a solution by clicking on the "Accept As Solution" button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for Microsoft or HP****

2014 Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation