Question

Honor Student
nigjimi
Message 1 of 13 (4,557 Views)

Cannot log into my profile

I have been trying to logon into  my profile but it says that the user profile service service failed the logon and that the User profile cannot be loaded. what do  i do ???

Provost
erico
Message 2 of 13 (4,549 Views)

Re: Cannot log into my profile

More information is required.

Which OS is installed and which HP PC product do you have?

regards,

erico 

Help others seeking a solution by clicking on the "Accept As Solution" button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for Microsoft or HP****

2014 Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Honor Student
rarellanohspt
Message 3 of 13 (4,436 Views)

hi, did you get your issue resolved about the password?

Student
psherman01
Message 4 of 13 (4,413 Views)

Hi there. I am having the same issue. i can't remember my password and didn't have the backup drive disc made. Didn't know i had needed to do that till this happened! Now I can't get into my profile and I'm the administrator!. Can anyone please help????

Thanks

Peg

Honor Student
saadia
Message 5 of 13 (3,945 Views)

Hi,

Did you find a solution to this?  I have the same problem.  My password goes through fine but the same message appears and then it logs off.  The same happens when trying to log on as Credential Manager.  I can only use my laptop through another profile that I created which doesn't have a password but obviously I can't access any documents etc on my main profile!

Hope you can help!

Cheers!

Regents Professor
Hanspuppa
Message 6 of 13 (3,931 Views)

erico wrote: More information is required. Which OS is installed and which HP PC product do you have?

regards, erico 

Since different operating systems handle passwords differently, it would be extremely helpful if you could provide the information that erico requested.

Can you please advise the Model number of your computer and the version of the operating system?

Please click the White Kudos star on the left, to say thanks.

Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem.

Honor Student
saadia
Message 7 of 13 (3,872 Views)

Hi,

It's a ProBook 4515s....looking in System Information I can see that the BIOS version is 68GPI Ver. F.03 and I'm using Vista...does this answer your question?  Or if it doesn't can you point me in the right direction to find it?

Thanks!

Student
littleoneincana
Message 8 of 13 (3,793 Views)

I also am having this problem.  I logged in to my profile fine yesterday, did what I had to do, then shut down as usual.  I had to start my computer up again a few minutes later, got into my profile but it came up just like when you first buy it.  I cannot get into my profile now.  It comes up "The user profile Service Failed the logon.  User profile cannot be loaded.

I have the HP Pavilion Slimline s3500f with Windows Vista.  I am the administrator of this computer, but my daughter also has an account, but no authority to do anything.

HELP!!!

Thanks.

Regents Professor
Hanspuppa
Message 9 of 13 (3,781 Views)

Hello littleoneincana, You might try this fix from Microsoft in the link below.

I have not tried it, but it appears to be worth a try.

Here  is the Microsoft link that is suggested as a fix for this issue.

Please click the White Kudos star on the left, to say thanks.

Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem.

Honor Student
robertaj
Message 10 of 13 (3,713 Views)

Hi,

I am having the same issue as littleoneincana - have you tried the solution that was offered yet?

I would like to know whether it worked or not before trying it myself....

Are there any other solution anyone can suggest to help me login to my laptop? This login issue has happened three times in about a month in a half. System restored worked the first two times, but this time I can only access my laptop in safe mode....

I have HP Pavilion tx 2000, windows vista.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation