Re: Computer recovery (3863 Views)
Tutor
krystiana
Message 11 of 20 (3,962 Views)

Re: Computer recovery

I know this sounds wrong but i have checked all the labels on the computer i can give you the system no the serial no the product key the HW BOM the SW BOM but thats all there is, could i have lost a label?
Tutor
krystiana
Message 12 of 20 (3,958 Views)

when i searched for my model no on the site you sent me it came up as compaq presario S5150UK desktop PC i thougt this was the model no? i am on windows XP

Provost
erico
Message 13 of 20 (3,948 Views)

The label has

Product:

s/n:

p/n:

and it also says HP service tag

Help others seeking a solution by clicking on the "Accept As Solution" button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for HP****

Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Tutor
krystiana
Message 14 of 20 (3,899 Views)

Hi Erico sorry it's taken me so long to reply i had to go away for a few days. I have been in touch with compaq and they inform me it is a  Compaq Presario S5150UK Desktop PC the system no is DQ078A and the serial no is CZB34200JP. I tried to do what you told me but now i get up on screen CLTDR is missing what have i done wrong and is it better to take it into a shop for repairs.
Provost
erico
Message 15 of 20 (3,897 Views)

If you are seeing NTLDR is missing, I say DejaVU!   Do you have the HP Restore cds for your PC? There are other options if you do not.

Here is a link to a solution for the same issue. You can try the Repair option first. If that does not work then a Complete restore will be required.

You can do this without taking it to a shop.

Help others seeking a solution by clicking on the "Accept As Solution" button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having

Tutor
krystiana
Message 16 of 20 (3,890 Views)

Hi my computer is not reacting in any way, it's not reading the discs,and wont re start, the only thing it will do is get me on <F1=set> <F10 system recovery> 
Tutor
krystiana
Message 17 of 20 (3,863 Views)

Erico

Thankyou so very much "it worked" you are my Knight in shining Armour. i was begining to pull my hair out i am so glad i found your forum thanks again you little star .

Provost
erico
Message 18 of 20 (3,861 Views)

You are welcome. Please make the issue as solved and mark the appropriate post as the accepted answer. You can give kudos to any post that helped by clicking on the Kuods icon in the post. We are all here to help each other.

Tutor
krystiana
Message 19 of 20 (3,853 Views)

Could you please explain how i do this

Provost
erico
Message 20 of 20 (3,844 Views)

Certainly.

How do I mark a message as a solution?

If you've posted a question to a forum, you can choose the reply that best answers your question and mark it as an accepted solution.

To mark a message as a solution:

• Click the Solution? icon on the reply.

If you change your mind about the quality of the answer, or if another reply provides an even better answer, you can revoke the first selection and accept the second reply.

To revoke an accepted solution:

• Choose Options > Unmark as Accepted Solution.

How do I give Kudos?

You can give Kudos to any posts in the community, except for your own.

To give Kudos to a message and its author:

• Click the Kudos! badge on the message.

If you change your mind about the quality of the message, you can revoke your Kudos.

To revoke Kudos you've given:

• Choose Options > Revoke My Kudos from this Message.

The Kudos count is updated and the Kudos badge shows that you can now give the message Kudos again.

The information above this sentence came from the "How to get started" post  in the forum.

We are here to help each other.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation