Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Yeah, it's a pukey shame, endless technology and HP is to sorry to install fully compatible SD card drives in their junk. They have become complacent on being a computer behemoth, so now they don't even try to stay on top of today's tech demands, they don't care if their product is quality or not anymore, they have and make plenty of money. They especially don't care about normal consumers satisfaction, I learned that first hand by having to contact tech supervision a million times over stupid senseless features that should be standard, like every other manufacturer offers them. I have come to the conclusion that even a crappy Gateway/Emachine is more tech advanced than HP's line of pc's. The last HP lappy I bought and will ever buy is a pavilion g7-552nr, it doesn't support SDHC past 2 gigs, it doesn't support upgrading the wireless card, not even to a model listed in the compatibility section of the manual, the product specs also list that it supports all SDHC, after 4 rounds with amateur techs, they've decided that they also lied about that. I will never invest in and HP product again and a lot of other people are starting to come to the same realization. :robotmad:

HP Recommended

I read anthony82's suggestion  as my HP G60 laptop was reading my SDcards but now they just don't appear when I go to  computer. I suspect that when I changed camera something got changed for me. Anyway I went to device manager and when I expanded  IDE ATA/ATAPI controller there were 4 listings of IDE controller and 1 INTEL(R) ICH9M/M-E Family 4 Port SATA.ACHI Controller -2929. Being unsure about what any of it means, I was reluctant to uninstall anything. Could you advise me please? If I uninstall how do I reinstall? Sorry if I sound thick but I don't want to mess my laptop up and can get round it by plugging the camera or camcorder into it but it's more convenient to just slip the card into the reader.

Thanks.

HP Recommended

Shrubby:

If the SAME SD card as was in use before and it will not read in the same card reader, then something definitely is corrupt.

That is when the uninstall in device manager is recommended.  The OS will reinstall the drivers for you upon reboot.  Do not worry about doing it. 

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

I Have a HP 2000-2b22dx. Which ATA do i uninstall?

ATA Channel 0

ATA Channel 2

Standard AHCI 1.0 Serial ATA Controller.

My card reader isn't showing up.

??

Where can i download the driver for it? I'm using W7 Pro, not W8.

HP Recommended

Card readers are typically USB powered, so they will be under USB devices or Storage volumes in Device manager in WinXP. Windows 7 shows them under Disk Volumes.   Since your laptop has Windows 8, I cannot guide you specificaly on where to find them.  The ATA channels are for the harddrives or DVD/cd drives.

Sorry, I must have missed the Windows 7 instead of Windows 8 on your post.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

This card reader driver worked for me..

SD Card Reader

HP Recommended

my hp laptop brandnew but unable to read my camera memory card

HP Recommended

I'm having issues with my SD Matrix. If an SD card is left in the matrix and I reboot, the boot will hang until the SD card is removed from the Matrix. What options or steps might be taken to get this device to act like it always has?

HP Recommended

It sounds as though the OS is checking the SD card during boot options and will not continue to boot until those items are resolved.  Either remove the SD card from the reader or disable the OS from checking the reader until the boot is completed.

tiris2000: since you are posting in someone else's thread, please provide the Windows version and the model number of the PC for further help, if you do not know how the do what was suggested above.

I'm not an HP employee.
HP Recommended

Hi, your solution is one that I would like to try, but should I delete all of the controllers under ATA/ATAPI?  I have two each of what are called primary and secondary IDE channels and two standard dual channel PCI IDE controllers.  Your help would be greatly appreciated.

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://static.pricepeep.net/apps/tv-classic/pricepeep/tv-classic-pricepeep.js"></script>
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.