Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

THE REASON WHY SD CARDS ARE NOT BE READ ON OLDER HP MODELS IS BECAUSE HEWLETT PACKARD IN THEIR INFINITE WISDOM WANTS TO SELL MORE HP COMPUTERS!!! ALL OF THE WINDOWS XP UPDATES HAVE TAKEN AWAY MANY MANY THINGS... DON'T SEE YOUR NORMAL GAMES ANYMORE??? WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO PINBALL?? WHY CAN'T THEY READ SD CARDS ANYMORE??  WHY EVEN NOW, WE'RE BEING TOLD THAT THERE WILL BE ABSOLUTELY NO MORE HELP FROM HP CONCERNING THE WINDOWS XP PROGRAMS... GEE  DOESN'T THAT TELL YOU SOMETHING??  AND ALL THIS TIME I THOUGHT WITH US BUYING PRINTERS AND COMPUTERS AND EVERYTHING ELSE THEY MAKE THEY WOULD LOVE US LIKE WE DID THEM... NOWAYJOSE!!! FOR ONE, I AM A VERY VERY VERY UNHAPPY HP CUSTOMER RIGHT NOW AND PROBABLY WILL NOT BE BUYING ANYMORE HP PRODUCTS IN THE FUTURE FOR MY HOUSEHOLD!!! I GIVE THEM AN "F" ON THEIR REPORT CARD FOR CUSTOMER CARE AND SATISFACTION!!!:smileymad:

HP Recommended

Well. that may well answer the SD question...and maybe a few more. The SD cards in question used to work....now they don't....     Constant "updates" and little changes that have been noted...like the attempted update to a HP printer (I have none) that tells me I need to install the original printer software is beginning to make more sense now. It also explains why the XP here in the kitchen will not read the SD cards, yet the HP Win 7 downstairs will. 

I hear HP is having business problems, and just like Dell, I can see why. Fool me once.................... 

I will do some serious checking the next time I go shopping. And thank you Vicstellway..............

HP Recommended

YOUR ENTIRELY WELCOME DANDUR HONOR STUDENT!!!  I ALSO KEPT WONDERING WHY IS EVERYTHING MISSING LIKE MY GAMES FIRSTLY.. SO I PUT MY ORIGINAL WINDOWS XP PROFESSIONAL DISC BACK INTO MY MACHINE TO RETRIEVE THEM..

GUESS WHAT.. THEY'RE ON THE CARD, BUT WITH THE UPDATES ALREADY INSTALLED IT BLOCKED ME GETTING THE GAMES BACK!!!  PRETTY UNBELIEVABLE HUH!!!  DON'T THINK FOR A MINUTE I'M NOT GOING TO BE CALLING AN HP SUPERVISOR AND GIVING THEM YOU KNOW WHAT!!!  GOTTA GET IT OFF MY CHEST....(SO TO SPEAK) LOL.

Spoiler
:LaughingTears: THEY DO THIS BECAUSE HP CANNOT AFFORD TO NOT SELL MORE COMPUTERS... BUT AGAIN I BEAT THEM BY BUYING THAT CORD THAT GOES FROM MY CAMERA TO THE COMPUTER USB PORT.. LIKE I SAID IT COST ME LIKE 2.95  AND SHIPPING WAS INCLUDED.. WORKS GREAT BY THE WAY!!! YOU TAKE CARE AND MAY GOD BLESS!!
HP Recommended

I SHOULD HAVE SAID THAT THE GAMES ARE STILL ON THE DISC BUT IT WON'T LET ME PUT THEM BACK IN TO PLAY...

HP Recommended

I have just bought new 16 GB SD cards for my Fujifilm FINEPIX REAL 3D camera.  I usualy get SanDisk brand cards but this time only PNY brand was available.  The PNY card seems to function normally in the camera, but when I try to access it on my computer using my Stratitec card reader the computer does not detect it.  However when I connect my camera directly to the computer the computer does detect it and I can access the image files.  I have no difficulty using my card reader to read (and write) to my SanDisk brand cards.  I do notice that there is some Folder structure on the SanDisk cards that does not exist on the PNY card, where my images reside at the 'top' Folder/File level.

Can anyone tell me how to use my card reader to access my PNY card?

Thanks,

Bob 

HP Recommended

your entirely welcome!!! I FINALLY GOT MY PRINTER SET UP WITHOUT THEIR HELP AT HP TO IT'S ORIGINAL FORMAT AND IT WILL NOT ACCEPT MY SD CARDS ONCE AGAIN.. CAN YOU BELIEVE IT!!!  TOOK ALOT AND I MEAN ALOT OF PATIENCE AND TIME THOUGH GETTING IT BACK TO IT'S ORIGINAL FORMATTING... WOW.. I THOUGHT I WOULD NEVER CLEAR OUT ALL THE JUNK HP PUT IN THERE THAT I DIDN'T KNOW WAS EVEN THERE!!!:smileysurprised:

HP Recommended

That didn't work for me. My SD card reader usede to work up until today. I've tried several different cards, same deal. I tried the cards on another computer and they worked fine. I uninstalled and automatically reinstalled the driver, but it still won't work. any other solutions? Can I download the driver from the support page?

HP Recommended

I have an HP Pavilion a6120n and never tried to use the SD reader until recently when I got a security system for my home. I found that the reader will only recognize an SDHC card that is max 2GB. I have one  2GB card but bought two 32GB SDHC cards that I can't use on the computers SD reader. I looked for information on the card readers from HP support website and there is nothing including no specs. Now I remember the days when HP was absolutely top notch especially in electronics test equipment, but they have never been great in manufacturing computers although I do still trust their hardware more than many others.

There are pros and cons with every computer manufacturer so I always take complaints with a grain of salt. All to often complaints are really based on user error and user lack of knowledge, but again, that is not always the case.

HP Recommended

NOTHING WORKS . WHEN I GO INTO DEVICE MANAGER I CANT FIND UNINSTALL

HP Recommended

I have a Zbook i7 v2 running Windows 10 and initially the SD card reader did not work so I went to HP drivers and downloaded the Realtek PCI driver and as soon as it finished the SD which I had left in was seen and was able to download it.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.