Question

Tutor
MarandaKay24
Message 1 of 11 (16,114 Views)

Customer Service Complaint

[ Edited ]

Here is my story: 

I purchased a Refurbished HP Pavilion, model P6520F at the beginning of October. Once I received the computer, I hooked it up immediately and found out it did not work. The computer would not give power to the keyboard and mouse, and other times when you tried, it would send no power to the monitor. I then tried troubleshooting over the phone with your "Support" center and it did nothing. We then set up a repair over the phone, and I was told I would receive a box in the next two days to ship my computer back. Two days went by, no box was sent. I called again, and went through the same thing. This time I was told that when I called the first time, the call center was down and could not process anything at that time. However, they could process my request for repair this time and I should wait two days for a box. So I waited again, but the box never came. I called a third time and spoke to a different call center, or so I was told. This time they actually processed my request with me over the phone and I received a case number, which I never had before. I got the box two days later and sent my computer in. After two weeks of waiting, I received the computer back, hooked it up and it was still broken. However this time, there was a new problem. The computer now freezes and makes a high pitch noise and red lines run down the screen. I have to hold down the power button to get it to turn off and then I can't boot it again for a few hours. I decided after that to get my money back on the product. I called your "support" center again and was told that all the employees who dealt with refunds were gone for the day, but they were going to have them call me the next day. Next day goes by, I received no call. I called again the following day, and I was told they were all busy and that they would call me the next day. Yesterday, I called at 5:15pm because I still had not received a phone call. I was on and off hold for 2 hours and at the end of it, I got to talk to a case manager named Denise. She was unhelpful and from what I could tell, unfamiliar with my case. She told me that she could only have the computer repaired again, I could not have a refund. I told her that I did not want the computer anymore, I did not want to have to deal with HP anymore either. She just kept telling me over and over again that she could only offer to repair it. I then asked her to speak to someone above her. She told me that there was no one above her. So I asked for a corporate number, which she gave me and I hung up. I called corporate today and was not happy to find out that it just led me to more case managers. The one I spoke to today was even more rude than Denise. Unfortunately I did not get her name. However, she told me that I could not have a refund on my computer. [Edit: Discussion of lawsuits is a violation of community guidelines]

I sent this email to the ethics center at HP. My answer was that their department didn't handle this type of situation and my email had been forwarded to the correct department. Of course they didn't say what that department was and I haven't heard anything from them.

I am at a loss as to what I should do. [Edit: Discussion of lawsuits is a violation of community guidelines] I want the refund on the computer, I feel it is owed to me. I kept up my end of the deal by paying for the computer, HP let me down by sending me one that doesn't work. Anyway phone numbers or email addresses that could get me talking to the real corporate office and not rude case managers would be great. 

Thanks, 

MarandaKay

Associate Dean
Mumbodog
Message 2 of 11 (16,081 Views)

Re: Customer Service Complaint

This is a user to user forum, not much we can do, sorry.

HP Support Agent
JeffHelp1
Message 3 of 11 (16,054 Views)

Hello,

I am a Hewlett-Packard representative and would like to know more about your recent post.

Our typical process is for customers to leave HP products and services feedback by using the following link http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/wwcontact_us.html.

Nevertheless, I found your post particularly interesting and I would like to follow up with you to get additional information about your situation.

If the recent issue you posted about has yet to be resolved, please let me know how we can connect to discuss how I may be able to assist.

Regards,

Jeff
Hewlett-Packard Company

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for Hewlett-Packard.
Associate Dean
Mumbodog
Message 4 of 11 (16,052 Views)

Thanks for reaching out Jeff.

Your link is broken.

Regents Professor
Hanspuppa
Message 5 of 11 (16,045 Views)

[ Edited ]

wrote:

Thanks for reaching out Jeff.

Your link is broken.

Thanks , for posting the link error.

This is the correct link. Same link without the period.

Correct Link.

Please click the White Kudos star on the left, to say thanks.

Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem.

Honor Student
MikeDuPont
Message 6 of 11 (15,827 Views)

The moderators are being informed by me that censorship (which they misleadingly term "Edited") violates everyones

federal First Amendment Rights and here in Massachusetts also violates Article 1 of our Declaration of Rights

(1780 state Constitution).

You did excellent and should be commended, not edited,

My Respect,

Mike DuPont

Founder Paralegal Associates

Justice delayed is justice denied
Honor Student
MikeDuPont
Message 7 of 11 (15,825 Views)

PS. Forgot to mention,  HP has stopped former policy of including connection cords from printer to computer

when they box up HP Officejet 4500 series printers (and probably many more or all computer boxes to keep the

same high price while removing USB cord requiring customers to spend more money going back to Staples or

other store later to buy the HP connection cable because they first learned they could not print anything when they

got home because printer Boxes assure "Connective...cable" enclosed and show an ethernet phone/fax connection

cable with square plugs customer does not know will not fit into rectangular USB direct printing cable plug hole on

their computer.)

Anyway  a HP Support case manager who refused to give me her employee ID number or last name and only said her

first name was "Barbara" denied me grievance complaint access to anyone higher than her on HP staff to make suggestion for USB cords with correct rectangular plugs be included in their expensive printer boxes after three days

of HP Support employee "Orlando" not responding to my asking him why he sent me a misleading reply about power cords for printer which I had never complained about.

HP Support appears to offer a misleading reply to first complaints then call persistent  customers to deny HP responsibility delaying a real responce until its too late or very close to time limit for returning HP device to store it was purchased in. I am collecting data on the pattern of fundamentally unfair dealing HP employees are trained to perform and HP Support appears to play an important role in breaching every contracts implied covenant of good faith and fair dealing. We know the words "class action" should be protected by the First Amendment but I am interested in what  HP management decides to do after seeking their own  (word omitted) Department staff's opinion.

Justice delayed is justice denied
Associate Dean
Mumbodog
Message 8 of 11 (15,825 Views)

Sue the ****   (self edited)  so sue me!   :smileywink:

You really think that applies to a forum where you agree to the terms when you sign up?

Honor Student
babygirlhollida
Message 9 of 11 (15,529 Views)

there customer service reps are rude i had an issuse with a supervisor being didrespectful to me and i record the last 15 mins of the call just so i had proof he basically told me that if i wanted to speak to his supervisor or recieave the number to the corpate office i had to pay 59.99. and i inform him i was recording him on more than once and he still repeated this and he hung up they should reallly do something about thier reps. i've played this recording to everybody i know and we are all gonna stop using and buying HP products

Honor Student
babygirlhollida
Message 10 of 11 (15,531 Views)

i recieved the supervisor name and id # and i will post it tomorrow

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation