DLNA compatibility (3383 Views)
Top Student
cteix
Message 1 of 5 (3,383 Views)

DLNA compatibility

How can I find out if my m8430f pavilion is DLNA compatible as required by many Blu Ray players currently on the market? If not how can I make it compatible (if possible)?

Distinguished Professor
Cyclops
Message 2 of 5 (3,378 Views)

Re: DLNA compatibility

I am not sure about the relation between blu ray player and DLNA...they are 2 independent technology...Blu Ray play should play blu ray with out anything to do with DLNA... DLNA is just extra feature on Blu ray player...

So on your question, Windows Media Player 11 beings with it media Sharing Capabilities...So any DLNA client can pick up WMP 11 with out any issue...

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with 'Accept as Solution', if it solves your problem.
Click on the BLUE KUDOS button on the left to say "Thanks"
Provost
erico
Message 3 of 5 (3,355 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi,

You might want to read this article from last year to get a better understanding of the digital living network alliance ( DLNA ). 

Your Blu-Ray player has nothing to do with DLNA. The Player in your m8430f pavilion will not be the device that will stream the video. You can however, set up your m8430f pavilion so that it can provide streaming video as a server.

DLNA is a standard for video streaming to DLNA compatible devices.

regards,

erico

Help others seeking a solution by clicking on the "Accept As Solution" button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for HP****

Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Top Student
cteix
Message 4 of 5 (3,334 Views)

Thanks for the info. I'll give it a try.

Top Student
cteix
Message 5 of 5 (3,333 Views)

Thanks for the reference.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation