Message 1 of 2 (396 Views)

Delete this post

[ Edited ]
Delete this post
Message Edited by verte9 on 10-31-2009 04:12 PM
Provost
erico
Message 2 of 2 (393 Views)

Re: Is the HP keyboard p/n DT527A the same as p/n 434820?

Hi,

What is your locale? The reason that I ask is that I think you must be having keystroke  problems with your current keyboard. The best solution to a keyboard issue is to upgrade by purchasing and using a USB keyboard for your locale. In Windows, check in the taskbar for the keyboard icon and see what input languages are set to be available for your use. A PS/2 keyboard, which is the standard type that comes with almost all OEM prebuilt PC's is frankly an anachronism. PS/2 is a few generations back in terms of peripheral devices for a current generation PC. You can unplug and plug in a USB keyboard with your PC on and booted into windows without any risk at all. With a PS/2 keyboard there is a risk of damaging your motherboard if you try hot plugging your keyboard. 

It is simple..Don't bother to waste your time with HP keyboard part numbers for replacement parts. Surely your time is way more valuable than that.

All of the preceding is my own opinion  

regards,

erico 

Help others seeking a solution by clicking on the "Accept As Solution" button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for HP****

Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation