Desktop Front light blinking (463 Views)
Student
jromo1990
Message 1 of 2 (463 Views)
Accepted Solution

Desktop Front light blinking

[ Edited ]

I have a Compaq sr1620nx. Yesterday I put the OS xp pro on it and it worked fine but today in the morning i cleaned it inside (removed a bunch of dust) and now it doesnt want to turn on. I press the power button and it blinks green and thats all it does. I reset the RAM and Processor and made sure everything was connected. But it still keeps on doing that. I have looked online for hours about this and cannot find anything. :smileysad: Could it be a bad power supply or processor?

I just tried a different power supply and still did the same thing. After that i decided to take the processor out and see if it runs and it does the fan goes crazy sucking up air but it works. Does that mean its the processor?

Provost
old_geekster
Message 2 of 2 (437 Views)

Re: Desktop Front light blinking

JR, it didn't like you giving it a good cleaning :smileywink:.

Actually, you may have disconnected or loosened a connector when you did the cleaning.  I suggest checking all of the connections, even the smallest ones, to assure that they are tight.  If this doesn't solve the problem, let us know.

HP Split 13 x2
- 1.6 Ghz; 4 GB memory; SSD 128 GB; Win 8.0

HP Phoenix ENVY 810-135qe
- i7-4770K (liquid cooled); 8 GB memory; GT 640 (4 GB), SSD (Samsung EVO 840-500 GB); 600W PSU; Win 7 Ultimate

HP Photosmart 7520 AIO

++++++++++++++++++
**Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say 'Thanks'**

Intelligence is God given; Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!