Question

Top Student
aquadicted
Message 1 of 13 (635 Views)

ERROR LAUNCHING INSTALLER

Every time I download a program or software over the net I get this message.  It won't install anything.

Can someone help please.

thanks

Provost
old_geekster
Message 2 of 13 (627 Views)

Re: ERROR LAUNCHING INSTALLER

Aquadicted, welcome to the forum.

When requesting help, you should always include the make/model of the computer and/or monitor. This information is necessary for us to review the specifications of them.

HP Phoenix ENVY 810-135qe - i7-4770K (liquid cooled); 8 GB memory; GT 640 (4 GB), SSD (Samsung EVO 840-500 GB); 600W PSU; Win 7 Pro

HP Photosmart 7520 AIO

++++++++++++++++++
**Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say 'Thanks'**

Intelligence is God given; Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!

Message 3 of 13 (588 Views)

My model # is HP S5-1020  WOULD APPRECIATE ANY HELP I CAN GET.  THIS IS BECOMING A PAIN.

Distinguished Professor
HardBeatZ
Message 4 of 13 (552 Views)

Hello aquadicted,

Try these simple steps to see if it helps

1. Download the file you want to install
2. Rename the installer file to something else (make sure you don't change the file extension)
3. Copy that file to another folder besides where it is currently located
4. Attempt to run the file again

Post back your results.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have helped you in any way click the Kudos button to say Thanks.
The community works together, click Accept as Solution on the post that solves your issue for other members of the community to benefit from the solution.
- Friendship is magical.
Student
tower
Message 5 of 13 (528 Views)

the same problem happens to my  laptop, and I've tried to change the file name, but still doesn't work.

model: folio 13-1029wm

Top Student
aquadicted
Message 6 of 13 (514 Views)

THANKS FOR THE FEEDBACK, UNFORTUNATELY IT DIDN'T WORK. I HAVE SEVERAL PROGRAMS I HAVE DOWNLOADED AND NOT BEEN ABLE TO RUN. FRUSTRATING.
Regents Professor
Travis_C
Message 7 of 13 (495 Views)

Hello aquadicted and tower

Do any other computers in your home or on your network have problems downloading files and running them as well? What happens if you download the file you want to run on another computer and transfer it over to the problematic computer with a USB flash drive? This will help isolate the problem. If downloading the program from a different computer works then there is a problem with the download on your current computer. This could be because of multiple reasons such as: browser problems, network problems, or network driver problems.

I also suggest trying to run the downloaded program on the second computer as this will help isolate the problem as well. If the same message comes up then the problem may be corrupt downloads are occurring.

Lastly could you attach a screenshot of the error message you receive when you try to run the downloaded program?
Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" to those that help solve your problems.

When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.
Top Student
aquadicted
Message 8 of 13 (493 Views)

Hi, thanks for getting back to us.  Guess I am not the only one having issues.

Most of the programs I download do not run.  Never had this problem on anything other than windows 7.

I have three other computers running windows 7 and none of them will run downloaded programs, always

get the same error.  Think it is probably a Windows 7 issue but they don't answer emails for help.

Regents Professor
Travis_C
Message 9 of 13 (490 Views)

Hello aquadicted

So all your computers, running Windows 7, will not run downloaded programs? Could you attach a screenshot of the error/message? What web browser are you using? What antivirus and firewall software do you use? Since the problem seems constant across all computers on your network you can try downloading a file at a friends house and use a USB flash drive to bring the installer to your computer. Then try running it.
Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" to those that help solve your problems.

When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.
Top Student
aquadicted
Message 10 of 13 (489 Views)

The error message is just "error launching installer".  Nothing else.  I have tried google chrome and IE8 both with no luck.

I am using pc tools internet security software.  No firewall to my knowledge.

Will try downloading the files at a friends house later in the week and see if that will work.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation