Question

Honor Student
aeneuman
Message 1 of 4 (384 Views)
Accepted Solution

Fan speeds slow.

How do I increase fan speeds on my hp p7-1226s desktop?

Provost
lasvegaswireman
Message 2 of 4 (351 Views)

Re: Fan speeds slow.

What makes you think there is an issue with the fan speed on your HP Pavilion p7-1226s Desktop Computer??? You cannot change the speed of the CPU and case/chassis fans on your computer. The fan speed is adjusted automatically by the motherboard based on thermal curve referenced in the BIOS. That being said, the hotter the CPU and system temperatures become the faster the fans will spin.

Frank
{------------ Please click the "White Kudos" Thumbs Up to say THANKS for helping.
Please click the "Accept As Solution" on my post, if my assistance has solved your issue. ------------V

This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I don't work for HP.

HP 15t-j100 (on loan from HP)
HP 13 Split x2 (on loan from HP)
HP Slate8 Pro (on loan from HP)
HP a1632x - Windows 7, 4GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6130y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6320y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
HP p7-1026 - Windows 7, 6GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6787c - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
Honor Student
aeneuman
Message 3 of 4 (340 Views)

I installed a nvidia evga 550i graphics card to play skyrim and the game kept crashing to the desktop.  I then installed speedfan to monitor cpu temps ONLY. (Since uninstalled.)  Speedfan indicated that temps were high during gameplay but fan speeds were not increasing.  I also recently installed a BIOS update directly from the HP website.  I now notice that when my computer is asleep the fans remain running while prior the fan stopped during computer sleep.  As I installed the updated BIOS version at roughly the same time I installed the graphics card I thought I should mention this.  I then returned the 550i graphics card and replaced it with a nvidia 560 series card.  Now the game no longer crashes but I still don't hear the fans spin up during game play. I did install Open Hardware Monitor which allows control of the nvidia card fan.   It could very well be that I am just being paranoid but I want to be sure not to wreck my computer!  Thanks so much for your input and any other advice you may have!

Associate Dean
wb2001
Message 4 of 4 (316 Views)

[ Edited ]

aeneuman,

You can install CPUID HWMonitor (there is a free version). Then monitor your temps under various conditions.

If you have to stock INtel i3 2130, the max operating temp is 69.1C per here

The 560 card max is 99C per here

Lasvegaswireman said, quote " You cannot change the speed of the CPU and case/chassis fans on your computer ".  I would at least look at your version 7 BIOS, which you installed. It may have the thermal fan adjustments. See here under the Power menu Tab, Thermal Menu

The Thermal menu displays the following items:

Thermal menu Information displayed
CPU Fan SpeedDisplays the CPU fan speed.
System Fan SpeedDisplays the system fan speed.

The Law of Effect states that positive reinforcement increases the probability of a behavior being repeated. (B.F.Skinner). You toss me points, and I perform better.

To say THANK YOU, press the white "thumbs up" on the left, to render a KUDO.
Please click Accept as Solution, just to the right of my reply if your problem is solved.
You can render both Solution and KUDO

HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB WIN7-64bit
Custom Asus P8P67 board, I7-2600k, WIN7 Pro 64bit, GTX670 2GB, 16GB RAM, 750W OCZ, 1T HD SATA 6Gb/s
HP m9200t CTO,Win7 Pro 32 bit. 4GB RAM, ASUS 550Ti 2GB, Rosewill 630W. 1T HD SATA 3Gb/s
HP m8100eCTO WIN7 Ultimate 32bit, 4GB RAM, XFX5670 1GB, Rosewill 530W. 1T HD SATA 3Gb/s
Printer -- OfficeJet Pro 8600 Plus

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation