Question

Honor Student
spiceevanilla
Message 1 of 6 (3,782 Views)

HP Adivsor Dock on new computer

I have a new computer and the HP dock was just across the bottom, until I clicked on it.  Now it on my entire screen and I can't figure out how to get it back to just the bottom of the screen.  I can completely close the dock, but can't figure anything else out.

Associate Professor
c0rnel
Message 2 of 6 (3,777 Views)

Re: HP Adivsor Dock on new computer

Managing the HP Total Care Advisor
When the HP Advisor launches on startup, you can minimize it by clicking the Dock View button in the upper-right corner of the Advisor window. When HP Advisor is docked, it displays in a reduced mode at the top of your desktop.
You can also minimize the HP Advisor to the system tray by clicking the X button in the upper-right corner of the Advisor window.
Honor Student
spiceevanilla
Message 3 of 6 (3,774 Views)

Still not working. If I have the full screen up, I can't find the x or minimize buttons at the top.  Do you think restarting may help to force it back to just the dock?
Teacher
Holly2
Message 4 of 6 (3,748 Views)

If you can't see the symbols in the top right hand corner to minimize it and set preferences, or hide it in system tray, you might have to change your computer's resolution as those symbols should show. Or you can try moving the window down by getting hold of a corner and moving it down. I think though the change of your screen resolution is the answer as all your other windows will probably have the same problem. If you can't see the start button, hit the windows screen key on your keyboard to bring up control panel to be able to fix the screen's resolution. 
Honor Student
Robin-RN
Message 5 of 6 (2,798 Views)

I'm having nothing but problems with the  hp Dock.  I had tried to shut it down to a "button" on the task bar.  Much to my dismay, the next time I logged on, it reappeared, but instead of becentered at the top center of my screen, it is now positioned (as my husband described) a bit drunkenly on the top left side of the screen.  The left side isn't lined up with the left side of the screen, nor does it match up to any gridlines my desktop icons  align with.  It's about 1/8 to 1/4 of the way in from the left side and hanging in between gridlines.  It then slopes down so that the right side ends up about  1 and 2/3 of an inch above the midline.   Very distracting.  Now when I try clicking on the only two sizing links, the dock either expands to block out the screen, or it goes back to the same positioning -- just a different size!  I can even get it to minimize or turn off.  If I can't find a relatively easly solution (without resetting to factory specs.), I am afraid that I will have to remove it.  I was hoping to avoid that because I've read some favorable things about it, though I must admit that I can't even see what help their so-called troubleshouter provides.  It isn't very straight-forward and has yet provided me with any answers.  It has however been good at providing me with HP updates.   From what I've read here, I think I'll just cut my losses and remove it.  I'm still open for an suggestions.

Robin
Robin L. Mazzuca, RN, MPH
Student
armemp
Message 6 of 6 (1,846 Views)

Can anyone answer this persons question about the positioning of the HP Advisor "DOCK"?

I'm having the same problems on my dv7

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation