Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Sorry guys to intrupt you people discussion. actually i put my head in the same situation as u had, everyday from last two days after office. I couldnot understand the procedure that you followed. Please help me in this regard

Kindly take a look at my issue.

I am using HP Dc5850 window7 Ultimate(32-bit), 2.3Ghz Proccessor and 6 Gb Memory. When i purchased Forsa,GT 440(2-Gb) DDR3 and pluged it in PCI Express Slot, a hyphen appeared of no sound/audio device detected.

I re-downloaded drivers of sound from http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport 

but problem still remained. When i tried to install the sound drivers the problem that apperaed is in attachment section.

I changed version of windows from 64-bit to 32 bit. Professional, Home, Ultimate(all of them).

Still no use.

Then i plug out the card and audio was working fine. I have also purchased XFX Raedon 6670(thought it will be compatibility issue) and stil the problem is same. I cannot play high resolution games and cannot use High Resolution softwares on my P.C with sound. I have Dell L.C.D 22' wide screen having both DVI and VGA options.

I do not want to change my PC. Kindly help me out.

I will be much obliged.

HP Recommended

Hi, Sakibali:

What you have to do is to restart your PC and at the beginning of the blue HP welcome screen, tap the F10 key to get into the BIOS.

Then in the Advanced Menu>Onboard Devices configuration sub menu, you will see an onboard audio setting.

It will be set to disabled. Change that to Enabled. Save the setting there by pressing the F10 key and then when you exit the BIOS you press the F10 key again to save your settings and exit the BIOS.

When the PC boots back into windows, you should now have your onboard sound back.

If you need additional assistance finding the menu, please look at the setup guide at the link below.

http://bizsupport2.austin.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c01361573/c01361573.pdf

They don't list an onboard audio setting because there was no HDMI video card options available for your model, but it will be listed in the same place as the other onboard devices listed in the guide.

Paul

HP Recommended

Thanks Mr.Paul

Issue was resolved on the day i posted. Thanks anyways for kind reply.

I have another issue to discuss. Kindly let me know if u know the solution.

Total available Graphics Memory of Pc without Graphic Card is 2935mb(256mb Internal and Ram shared remaining).

With graphic Card 2-Gb, it should have been approximately 4935mb. But now its 3519mb total.

Let me know the reason.

Regards: Sakib Ali

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

I wouldn't know the answer to why the onboard video card has that amount vs the amount on the dedicated card.

The good news is that the dedicated card frees up system memory and should perform much better than the onboard card.

I can only guess at why it isn't 2 GB more than the onboard. My guess is that it doesn't require all of that shared memory to make it work better.

Its all automatic, so there isn't anything you can do about it anyway.

Regards,

Paul

HP Recommended

If you are using a 32 bit OS, 3519 MB is about the maximum memory that your PC will report, regardless of how much memory is fitted.

Video card RAM will not be seen or reported by the OS.

Nigel.

HP Recommended

Thank you for your respons.

I had the same problem with a different pci-express video card with hdmi and dvi connections.

But your anwer was 100% right.

great and thanks.

Paul.

HP Recommended

Just bought a hp dc7800 tower and decided to upgrade graphic card 

on installing the  card  the graphic card worked but no sound

when booting the   machine the message was no soundmax drivers so reinstaaled drivers

same problem  so removed card and machine works fine

then decided  to change card to a radeon hd 5450

same problem 

So i think that this may be a bios issue but not sure how to do this 

HP Recommended

If you read this thread from the beginning you will see that it is neccessry to select the audio output in BIOS.

(A new menu option appears when a seperate video card is fitted.)

Later machines, such as the 8200 and 8300 series seem to accept video cards without any need to change BIOS settings.

Nigel.

HP Recommended

I am using DC7800 c8 convertible, and the audio device works after enabled the audio settings through the system setup page, thanks alot Mr. Paul you are my Hero.

Slam Alikom

HP Recommended

Spot on you clever bugger! 🙂 Cheers

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.