Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP 8300E SFF
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Dear all,

I have HP Compaq Elite 8300 SFF, Windows 7 64-bit.

I need additional Ethernet Network Card. According to manual it should be:

Intel Gigabit CT Desktop NIC (FH969AA) link

However, most of the supplier mention it is out of stock, and require long period to get.

So, they provide alternative product:

Intel Gigabit CT Desktop Adapter (EXPI9301CT) link

Please help to advise if the alternative product can work in HP Compaq Elite 8300 SFF, Windows 7 64-bit.

I am worry about the dimension if it doesn't fit, and compatibility with the OS.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Andrew

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi,

The first Intel Ethernet adapter that you had referenced is available at NewEgg.  Look here.

HP ENVY 6055, HP Deskjet 1112
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 11 x64
Custom PC - Z690, i9-12900K, 32GB DDR5 5600, dual 512 GB NVMe, gen4 2 TB m.2 SSD, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 3080 10GB
HP Recommended

@Big_Dave wrote:

Hi,

The first Intel Ethernet adapter that you had referenced is available at NewEgg.  Look here.

Hi, 

Thanks for pointing that out.

As I mentioned, I plan to use the alternative product (Intel Gigabit CT Desktop Adapter (EXPI9301CT),

but wondering if it can be used for HP Compaq Elite 8300 SFF.

Because in HP Compaq Elite 8300 SFF manual, it only states the first product as compatible component.

However, now I have bought it and install & test without any issue.

So, in conclusion these two products work similarly.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Andrew

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.