HP Deluxe Wireless Keyboard Instructions? (19059 Views)
Intern
zig28
Message 1 of 19 (19,059 Views)

HP Deluxe Wireless Keyboard Instructions?

Just bought an HP HPE 180t and got the "Deluxe Wireless Keyboard and Wireless Mouse".  There are no instructions with the keyboard or in the computer documentation, and I can not find this keyboard listed anywhere on the HP website.  It is Model #KBRF1252, Product # 532998-ZH1, Serial # P0950000982.

There are many different function keys and features on it that I'd like to learn how to use.  Can anyone direct me to an owner's manual or instructions for this keyboard?  As I said, I searched for the numbers all over the HP website and can't find anything.  Thanks.

Teacher
lrb1
Message 2 of 19 (19,052 Views)

Re: HP Deluxe Wireless Keyboard Instructions?

zig28,

I bought the same thing for my e9280t. I got an install/instruction disk with mine. My keyboard is IBM. I did not get a paper manual for that or any other piece of equipment I bought from HP. I guess now a days you get it online. Look for the disk.

Lawrence 

Student
RBShorr
Message 3 of 19 (19,027 Views)

The install disk that came with the keyboard has a program called HP Deluxe Wireless Combo.  If you run this program, it appears to allow you to assign these special keys to certain functions, but it does not seem to work.  For whatever reason, when I press the button that has a musical note on it, it brings up iTunes (probably because when I installed iTunes I said that it would be my default program for playing music).  The magnifying glass does bring up a google search box.  But the other buttons don't work.  I'll be anxious to hear if anyone has any ideas about this.

Top Student
FairfaxDave
Message 4 of 19 (18,981 Views)

I share your frustration!  But I have found an answer.  Below is the "review" I just submitted for this keyboard. (By the way, part of the problem is that while I have the same model number as you, the HP tech support can't find this.  It is "invalid."  This keyboard is known as Model # FK977AA.)  In it, I cite the "solution" to the "no instructions/no manual" that I got from a previous frustrated reviewer.  It does work!

I think this might be a decent keyboard. But I don't know. Why? Because there is no manual for it. AND tech support at HP is clueless on it and cannot provide a manual. Today I spent over TWO hours with HP tech support, first in a chat session, then in a phone support call. First, it is hard for them to understand that there is nothing actually wrong with the keyboard. All you want is a manual that tells you what some of the many "different" keys are for, how to program them, etc. They couldn't even find this model keyboard for two hours! When they did, they could not find a manual. The best they could provide was a "datasheet" which was really nothing more than a come-on sheet that provided a list of all the many features but with no instruction as to how to use them.

Thanks goodness for the post, below, of the guy (Mike?) who provided the answer as to how to find a "manual" on your computer for this keyboard. Again, first load the disk for this combo that should have come with it. Then go to Start>Programs>HP>Wireless Deluxe Laptop>Help. [NOTE: Do NOT go to "Hewlett Packard." Be certain to go to "HP."] Viola! There it is! Instructions for all of the keys and buttons on your great keyboard. Could they make it any harder? But at least now I'll be able to find out if this is the convenient keyboard I think it might be. So maybe I'll be able to re-adjust the rating to a full 5 stars."

Student
SteadyGrip
Message 5 of 19 (17,406 Views)

Good tip. Using that model number, I was able to find the quick start instructions and figure out my problem. Pairing is done by tapping (not holding) the receive antenna button, then the mouse pairing connect button. Then tap the receive and then the keyboard pairing connect button.

My keyboard was only getting about a dozen keys thru to the system. Based on a troubleshooting tip on the HP site, I picked up the receive antenna and moved it around. Turns out the keyboard antenna is directional, and transmits almost all it's power straight DOWN into the desktop. I was going to tape the receiver under the desk (how bogus!), but once it started picking up all the other keys, the bluetooth system must have switched to a better channel and it all works fine now.

BTW, docs also refer to Deskjet D2680.

Student
ajnomad
Message 6 of 19 (17,176 Views)

Thank you for the info.  I just ordered a new computer, adding the deluxe wireless keyboard and mouse.  I too was wanting to find out about all the keys and thankfully I came upon the topic about this particular keyboard and was able to find the info I needed.  Thanks a bunch....I will now have to spend time learning about the different function keys and shortcut keys.

Student
antoine
Message 7 of 19 (16,073 Views)

here is some information on using your keyboard.:         HOW TO ACCESS INFO

a.  click start

b.  click help and support

c.  click getting started

d.  in search help task bar type using your keyboard;

e,  select item #1

f.   here you will find user guide info.

g. you can print to save info for future reference.

Student
RK11
Message 8 of 19 (14,749 Views)

All my searching and frustration lead up to your simple solution. Thanks

silverback
Top Student
cavan
Message 9 of 19 (14,130 Views)

Neither of these solutions works on my desktop Pavilion p7-1070t CTO.

Any other suggestions?

Student
Thomas1
Message 10 of 19 (13,968 Views)

I purchased an HP HPE-350t desktop computer with O/S Win7. The computer included the "Deluxe Wireless Keyboard and Wireless Mouse" Model# KBRF1252 and Product# 532998-ZH1. When I initially set up this new computer it immediately recognized the wireless keyboard and mouse. Since I purchased this computer from HP customized to my specifications, I (erroneously) believed the keyboard/mouse software had been installed by HP.  I was wrong.

Here's the fix. Find the keyboard/mouse DVD that came with the computer. Mine was labeled "HP Wireless Deluxe Desktop, FK977AA, 497315-001 Rev.1.0". Insert the keyboard/mouse disk and run setup followed by a computer restart. Then using a modified version of the steps provided by FairfaxDave/Mike below, the following worked, giving me access to keyboard setup options...

Again, after setup and restart, go to:  Start>All Programs>HP>HP Wireless Deluxe Desktop Combo>Help.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation