Question

Student
gartil21
Message 1 of 9 (4,535 Views)

HP Digital Media Archive keeps popping up

Going Crazy as HP Digital Media Archive keeps popping up on my screen. It asks for a disc to be loaded. First I have no such disc nor do I want the program. Found it under program files and tried to delete but will not delete. When I tell it to cancel, it goes away for about 20 seconds and then it is there again. Anyone have a solution? I love my HP and this is my fourth. Never any other problems.  :smileymad::smileysad:

Student
keyboard
Message 2 of 9 (4,474 Views)

Re: HP Digital Media Archive keeps popping up

What is HP DigitalMedia Archive?

The only way I have found to stop this is the old fashioned ctl-alt-del and then End Task, OK when I am told it is nonresponsive.  DigitalMedia Archive closes but still stays on the Task Manager which I then close with the X.

Regents Professor
Hanspuppa
Message 3 of 9 (4,471 Views)

Hello gartil21, You might try going to this Link , download and install this software and see if this resolves your issue.

If it does not, we may be able to locate another method to try and resolve the issue.

Please click the White Kudos star on the left, to say thanks.

Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem.

Student
piscesmum
Message 4 of 9 (3,922 Views)

I tried the above and its still happening! I now can't remove other programmes because of this either!!! please help!!

Student
pjpreece
Message 5 of 9 (3,680 Views)

Going crazy as HP digital Media Archive keeps popping up on my screen. It continues to ask for a disc to be loaded  but I have no disc nor do I require this programe. When I cancel it goes away for 20 seconds then reappears . Anyone have a solution as I have had my HP for 4 years with no problems before.

Student
dscan
Message 6 of 9 (3,621 Views)

My HP Pavillion computer keeps popping up with box titled "HP DigitalMedia Archive" looking for a file titled EZARC.msi. I have no idea what this or how to fix it. The address is supposed to be "c\hp\tmp\src\EZARC.msi". There is no such address on my machine. I don't know if there is a connection, at around the same time, I've become unable to open emails from my MSN account. ???

Honor Student
slipshine
Message 7 of 9 (3,181 Views)

I've been having the exact same problem, and the proposed fix (with link) does not work.

This is EXTREMELY frustrating! This problem brings my computer to a screeching halt and is preventing me from updating other important software that I use.

Please suggest other alternatives for fixing this problem.

Thanks in advance for your help and cooperation.

-S

Student
McFuddy
Message 8 of 9 (330 Views)

How do I get rid of this pestilence? It is definitely souring my potential for buying HP again.

Student
cookinqueen1
Message 9 of 9 (71 Views)

How do I stop the  hp digital media archive from popping up  . 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation