Question

Top Student
USScv66
Message 1 of 4 (1,838 Views)
Accepted Solution

HP ENVY 700 - what is the motherboard info?

How many TB can it handle? Can I put a 4TB HDD inside?

P.S.

If the "C" drive gets infected does it spread to the other HDD's.

Provost
erico
Message 2 of 4 (1,828 Views)

Re: HP ENVY 700 - what is the motherboard info?

Here are the specifications of your desktop PC.

It is delivered with a 2TB hard disk. Putting another 2TB hard disk inside certainly won't be an issue.  

You P.S. is a bit of an odd question.  Infected with what?

Make certain that you invest in a well known amd reliable antivurus/anti-malware/ anti-adware solution. Don't count on free antivirus programs protecting you when you are at unsafe websites.

Best regards,
erico

Help others by clicking on the "Accept As Solution" button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for Microsoft or HP****

2014 Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Top Student
USScv66
Message 3 of 4 (1,814 Views)

Thanks for you answer. I looked at the info via the link. And its my fault for not giving you more info. The PC I am looking at is 'HP ENVY 700-000z Desktop PC'. I was hoping I could look up the motherboard. (I don't know why I am at the beginning stages of PC knowledge)

From what I can tell there should be room for 3 HDDs and I want to know the max size 2TB each is very good.

Windows 8 is suppose to come with good protection. Do you think there is something better. The reason I ask this question is that if 1 HDD gets a virus or something. Will the other 2 get infected also.

Provost
erico
Message 4 of 4 (1,811 Views)

Here is a link to the motherboard specifications that you are looking for.

I use Norton Internet Security on my current HP product loan Envy17-3002ea notebook and ESET Smart Secirity suite on my own PCs and notebooks. Both of those products  are rated as providing superior protection against Viruses, Malware and adwarewhen compared to the firewall and security included with Windows 8. 

What becomes infected is the operating system and some sort of files are used as a vehicle to spread the infection. The type of files that become infected and which become the author's means of propogating their payload depends the type of virus, malware or adware and the author's intent.

Best regards,
erico   

Help others by clicking on the "Accept As Solution" button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for Microsoft or HP****

2014 Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation