Question

Student
RebekaG
Message 1 of 2 (1,195 Views)

HP Pavilion Sleep Mode

I just purchased and installed the HP Pavilion p6654y desktop.  When this machine goes into sleep mode, i cannot wake it up except by a hard boot.  Moving the mouse, pushing the power button once, keyboard key entry...none of these things work...any help with this would be appreciate.

And in the settings, I thought I turned off the sleep mode (by telling it to never go to sleep).

Master's Graduate
KiranTalluri
Message 2 of 2 (1,188 Views)

Re: HP Pavilion Sleep Mode

Hi, 

Reset PowerSchemes:

1. Open the Start Menu->All Programs->Accessories->right click 'Command Prompt', and click 'Run as Administrator'.

2. In the command prompt, type

powercfg -restoredefaultschemes

and press Enter.

powercfg /hibernate off

and press Enter.

3. Close the command prompt.

Disable Screen Saver:

Click Start , and then click Control Panel .

Click Appearance and Personalization .

Under Personalization, click Change screen saver .

In the Screen saver section, select an alternate screen saver or set it to (None) and then click OK .

Check if the issue has fixed, if not, contact HP Chat Support to find and install BIOS update for the PC, if BIOS Update is not available, perform MSCONFIG steps to disable unnecessary applications running at Startup. 

http://h10010.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01853706&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=my

Thank you,

Kiran Talluri

Thank You.
Kiran Talluri

Say thanks by clicking the "Kudos! Star" which is on the left.
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation