Question

Honor Student
kaspar
Message 1 of 8 (285 Views)

HP Pavilion p7-1414 PC Internet Issues

Wasn't sure where to put this..

Lately I have been experiencing an issue with the Internet on this computer. I am a gamer, so basically when I play games and browse the internet (Google Chrome) and every now and than Skype a friend. Whenever I do this all at the same time the internet gets REALLY slow. I mean like Skype get's really staticy, everything on Google Chrome loading really slow, and having really high latency in a game (Doesn't matter which game).

And i've looked into this with all the computers, and any issues with the router, etc. But my other desktop I have in the room with me, doesn't do this. Runs perfectly smooth while I do all of this.

So after testing all of this and looking into this I have come to a conclusion. The Network Adapter built into the computer doesn't work properly or is just bad. So I tried to hook a Dynex Wireless G Network Adapter (Model No. DX-BUSB) into the computer. It crashes the computer within 5 minutes sometimes within 30 seconds whenever I tried this.

I would really like some assistance in this issue of mine. Thank you for your time if you managed to read this far.

Associate Dean
wb2001
Message 2 of 8 (276 Views)

Re: HP Pavilion p7-1414 PC Internet Issues

Are we comparing computers? Then what are the exact model numbers? What are the side-by-side differences in CPU, GPU, motherboards, RAM, and OS.

The Law of Effect states that positive reinforcement increases the probability of a behavior being repeated. (B.F.Skinner). You toss me points, and I perform better.

To say THANK YOU, press the white "thumbs up" on the left, to render a KUDO.
Please click Accept as Solution, just to the right of my reply if your problem is solved.
You can render both Solution and KUDO

(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
HP m9200t CTO,Win7 Pro 32 bit. 4GB RAM, ASUS 550Ti 2GB, Rosewill 630W. 1T HD SATA 3Gb/s
Custom Asus P8P67, I7-2600k, 16GB RAM, WIN7 Pro 64bit, EVGA GTX660 2GB, 750W Corsair, 1T HD SATA 6Gb/s
Custom Asus P8Z77, I7-3770k, 16GB RAM, WIN7 Pro 64bit, EVGA GTX670 2GB, 750W Corsair, 1T HD SATA 6Gb/s
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8600 Plus

Student
kellexan
Message 3 of 8 (263 Views)

[ Edited ]

Sorry it made me choose another account. No we are not comparing computers, did you read the entire post? The Network Adapter I have in this computer is either not working properly, or is just bad. And I can't plug a network adapter in this computer or it crashes every 30 seconds - 5 minutes.

EDIT: The crash error I get is irql_unexpected_value

Provost
Paul_Tikkanen
Message 4 of 8 (253 Views)

Hi:

I am assuming that you are referring to the internal wireless network adapter, vice the wired adapter, since you mentioned installing a PCI wireless card in an attempt to improve the internet connection.

My advice would be to update the driver to the latest version using the driver at the link below and see if that helps.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=32...

Honor Student
kaspar
Message 5 of 8 (248 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Paul_Tikkanen, the link you gave me didn't fix anything.

EDIT: Lemme explain again. The Network Adpater built in to the computer is not as reliable.

I have a DYNEX Wireless G USB Network Adapter that is reliable.

The only issue with using the DYNEX Network Adapter is I get an error IRQL_Unexpected_Value so I can't use it.

@Paul_Tikkanen, I have no idea what driver you gave me the link to, but it's not for the Network Adapter I would like to use. Nor does it work.

EDIT 2: Also I have no idea but this HP Forums keeps switching me for account to account.

I am both kaspar and kellexan.

Regents Professor
SuperMario1
Message 6 of 8 (219 Views)

Hello Kaspar. Do you still require assistance with this issue? If so, I need to ask a few questions.

Have you had this issue since you first started using the computer?
Have you tried an Ethernet connection, to see what happens? If not, can you try an Ethernet connection for troubleshooting.

Once this is done, let me know and I'll go from there. I'm only here to help!

Mario

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" next to it to say “Thanks” for helping!

Super Mario 1
I work on behalf of HP
Honor Student
kaspar
Message 7 of 8 (212 Views)

@SuperMario1,

Yes I have had this issue since I have had the computer, and no I have not tried Ethernet connection. That is due to not having enough plugs to connect a wire into.

Regents Professor
SuperMario1
Message 8 of 8 (206 Views)

Thank you for your response. The most effective way to troubleshoot right now is by getting an Ethernet connection, even temporarily, to see if the issue re-occurs. At that point, it would determine the root cause of the issue; network or computer hardware (network adapter). Let me know what happens. I've also included a link with some standard Internet connection troubleshooting, just in case there are steps on this document you haven't tried yet.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&docname=c03535285

Mario

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" next to it to say “Thanks” for helping!

Super Mario 1
I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation