Question

Honor Student
timsg
Message 1 of 3 (3,858 Views)

HP Pavillion's composite input jacks

[ Edited ]

Hello

How do I capture video(and audio) using the composite input jacks.

Please help

Message Edited by WendyM on 04-29-2009 08:39 PM
Distinguished Professor
RasterBlaster
Message 2 of 3 (3,845 Views)

Re: HP Pavillion's composite input jacks

timsg,

You can't use Windows Media Center unless you have one of the first Media Center PCs. Instead, you need to use the video software that came with you PC.

If you search HP.com using your PC model number and specifications - you should find a spec doc that tells you what video editing software is on the PC... Arcsoft Showbiz, Cyberlink PowerDirector, etc..

You open that software and select the Composite as the Source device usually in some kind of Capture option.

... an HP employee expressing his own opinion.
Please post rather than send me a Message. It's good for the community and I might not be able to get back quickly. - Thank you.
Associate Professor
c0rnel
Message 3 of 3 (3,806 Views)

Re: HP Pavillion's composite input jacks

Try this. I found it on the web somewhere.

I've talked to techs...same deals on my m8200n. But, it does work--open up roxio creatorbasic v.9 which comes on media center computer- go to "new project"-->"video"-->;"capture video". It should then give you an option to select the tv tuner to import from. THen select composite video 2 to import your analog signal. I've gotten it to work importing analog, but I can't get outputting to vcr to work...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation