Question

Top Student
jony1299
Message 1 of 7 (1,100 Views)
Accepted Solution

HP Recovery manager won't recover!

[ Edited ]

Recently my HP Pavillion P2-1033w was having problems, most likely caused by a virus so I went into the BIOS and did a recovery, not restore point, a recovery but at 1% gave me the error code 0xe0ef000a and didn't continue, I called HP and they wanted me to pay 89.99 for a troubleshooting, so I hanged up and decided to do this myself, I checked all the components both by hand and with the BIOS test. Nothing seems to work and it still gives me the same error, I would buy a restore disc but i'm not sure if it will work, and if I get the windows 7 Installation Disc then it will restore my computer but withouth the drivers. Please if you have any ideas just reply I really need help.

PhD Student
Rixander
Message 2 of 7 (1,090 Views)

Re: HP Recovery manager won't recover!

go online and get the restore disc and it will help you but also up to you if you decide to get the installation disc of w7 but you can still get your drivers from hp and the link is provided

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?product=5156897&cc=ca&dlc=en&lc=en&jumpid=reg_r1...

but try the aquiring the restore disc and do the restore for your pc and hope that it will help and get your pc back and running

Please provide Kudos to whom has provided answers or
good points or advice..
Aslo if the questions or issues solved please check it
"Accepted"
Thanks and you are welcome _____ Rick
Top Student
jony1299
Message 3 of 7 (1,088 Views)

Theres a problem with this, when the recovery manager formated the drive now there is no recovery partion, meaning that any recovery disc will not allow me to recover, I had a spare recovery disc from an hp computer that I found not too long ago and it doesn't give me the otion to reinstall, and the people at microsoft don't want to give me the installation disc, they sent me to HP, now im out of options and very frustrated, any other options?

Provost
lasvegaswireman
Message 4 of 7 (1,080 Views)

[ Edited ]

Here are the specs for your HP Pavilion p2-1033w Desktop Computer and it's Software & Driver Downloads page. You can order the HP Recovery Discs directly from HP HERE.

As rickp400 stated "try  aquiring the restore discs and do the restore for your pc and hope that it will help and get your pc back and running". rickp400 is correct, in that these discs should retrun your computer to a factory like state. The HP Recovery Discs do not require you to have a "recovery partition" or an "operating system" installed. Just make sure there is a functioning hard drive in the computer, then insert Disc#1 and follow the prompts.

The "spare recovery disc from an hp computer that you found not too long ago", isn't going to work with anything but the exact HP model of computer it was made for. The fact "it doesn't give you the option to reinstall" doesn't mean anything. Microsoft isn't going to "give" anyone a free copy of Windows. You bought a HP computer and HP is your source for support.

Please send KUDOs

Frank
{------------ Please click the "White Kudos" Thumbs Up to say THANKS for helping.
Please click the "Accept As Solution" on my post, if my assistance has solved your issue. ------------V

This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I don't work for HP.

HP 15t-j100 (on loan from HP)
HP 13 Split x2 (on loan from HP)
HP Slate8 Pro (on loan from HP)
HP a1632x - Windows 7, 4GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6130y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6320y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
HP p7-1026 - Windows 7, 6GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6787c - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
Top Student
jony1299
Message 5 of 7 (1,078 Views)

No worries guys I just got off the phone with HP they told me they would only charge me 50 dollars to fix it themselves so I guess my issue is basically slved, thank you for your help.

Top Student
jony1299
Message 6 of 7 (1,069 Views)

Yes I know but the problem is that it's the hard drive thats failing thats the problem, I wanted to prove that that option was wrong but I must accept the fact that it's failing, I removed it and tested it externally and it will not connect which to me signals it has a problem, I'll just have to wait for HP to help me.

PhD Student
Rixander
Message 7 of 7 (1,032 Views)

if the hard drive if faling its time for a new hard drive and order the restore disc online

i checked the software section of the restore disc order and i noticed 2 different dates and

im not sure if the the new one is any better than the older dated one

and i have ordered the restore disc for my pc and put it on my new hard drive and went from there

hopefully you can get your pc running again

Please provide Kudos to whom has provided answers or
good points or advice..
Aslo if the questions or issues solved please check it
"Accepted"
Thanks and you are welcome _____ Rick
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation