Question

Honor Student
Sanctioner
Message 1 of 24 (11,691 Views)
Accepted Solution

HP Support assistant not working in Windows 8.1

After updating to Widows 8.1 from 8, HP support Assistant has stopped working.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times, and nothing changes.  I have checked that all drivers are up to date.

Is there going to be an update from HP, if so how long are they going to take?

HP Support Agent
TwoPointOh
Message 2 of 24 (11,659 Views)

Re: HP Support assistant not working in Windows 8.1

Hi Sanctioner. What is the model number of your computer?

<How Do I Find My Notebook Model Number>: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?lc=en&cc=us&docname=c00033108
<How Do I Find My Desktop Model Number>: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&docname=bph07555

TwoPointOh
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom to say “Thanks” for helping!
Honor Student
Sanctioner
Message 3 of 24 (11,640 Views)

Hi,

I realised too late that I missed that important point from my original post.  It is HP Pavilion p6-2371ea.  Thanks for your interest.

HP Support Agent
TwoPointOh
Message 4 of 24 (11,585 Views)

[ Edited ]

Thanks Sanctioner. Your product support page has some Windows 8.1 drivers, but not the HP Support Assistant. Here is the page specific to the Support Assistant, try this download and install this to see if it behaves any different. If you run into any issue, try to get me specific errors/ behaviors that occur. Hope this works.

Find the section "Download HP Support Assistant" and download with the "Home and business desktops" link.
HP Support Assistant:
http://www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/hpsupportassistant/hpsupport.html?jumpid=va_r602_us/en/any/psg/pl...

Just found this and updated my post (use this one):  HP Support Assistant Microsoft Windows 8.1

http://h10010.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&docname=c02028499&softwa...

TwoPointOh
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Honor Student
Sanctioner
Message 5 of 24 (11,571 Views)

Hi TerryTwoPointOh,

T hank you for the 2 links as possible solutions for my problem, but I had already found these and tried them but to no avail.  I have attempted to attach 4 JPEGS to this reply but with no luck.

Thanks for your help and interest.

Regards, Sanctioner

HP Support Agent
TwoPointOh
Message 6 of 24 (11,560 Views)

Unfortunately Sanctioner if they are not working, I have no other solutions.
It seems to be a compatibility issue and you will have to wait until a version is available on your download page. HP seems to be releasing 8.1 software for your computer as it becomes available.

HP Pavilion p6-2371ea Desktop PC Drivers (Windows 8.1)
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?os=4158&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&sw_lang=&product=5350...

TwoPointOh
I work on behalf of HP

Top Student
TrayhopeR
Message 7 of 24 (11,542 Views)

I installed this updated version but it still crashes when I click "Check Updates" button.

Was using Windows 8 and was working perfectly , upgraded 8.1 yesterday and having this issue.A few seconds after computer starts HP Supports Assistance will stop working everytime.

I think automatically check updates part making the trouble here.

Any ideas ?

Honor Student
Sanctioner
Message 8 of 24 (11,534 Views)

Thank you for all your interest and attempts to solve my problem.
Top Student
AliHassan
Message 9 of 24 (11,276 Views)

Hi Sanctioner,

just thought i can help on this, try changing the compatibility mode to windows 7 on the Hp support assistant application shortcut on the desktop and then right click and run as administrator and it should work. I had the same issue and now its working fine. Kindly let me know if you need any help doing the above.

regards,
Ali
Top Student
AliHassan
Message 10 of 24 (11,267 Views)

Hi Sanctioner,

just thought i can help on this, try changing the compatibility mode to windows 7 on the Hp support assistant application shortcut on the desktop and then right click and run as administrator and it should work. I had the same issue and now its working fine. Kindly let me know if you need any help doing the above.

regards,
Ali

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation