Question

Honor Student
barrybear
Message 1 of 3 (673 Views)

HP Wireless Elite Keyboard FQ480AA

I have an HP Wireless Elite Keyboard that was working fine on  my old Dell system that crashed.

I have tried to hook it up to my new Dell Windows 7 64 bit system and can't get it to fire up. The batt looks OK and the software disc appears to be loaded OK.

Does anyone have a suggestions on what could be wrong?

Thanks bear

Regents Professor
Hanspuppa
Message 2 of 3 (670 Views)

Re: HP Wireless Elite Keyboard FQ480AA

barrybear wrote: I have an HP Wireless Elite Keyboard that was working fine on  my old Dell system that crashed.

I have tried to hook it up to my new Dell Windows 7 64 bit system and can't get it to fire up. The batt looks OK and the software disc appears to be loaded OK. Does anyone have a suggestions on what could be wrong? Thanks bear

Hello barrybear, You might try going to the Control Panel, Devices and Printers, and in the upper menu bar, select add device.

Then see if the device can be found. If so, Windows 7 may install the drivers for it.

Even though the keyboard worked on an earlier system, it may not be compatible with the newer Dell system.

Bluetooth specifications have changed over the years.

Please click the White Kudos star on the left, to say thanks.

Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem.

Honor Student
barrybear
Message 3 of 3 (659 Views)

Re: HP Wireless Elite Keyboard FQ480AA

Thanks for the comeback. I did what you suggested but still cant get it to work.

When I plug the USB receiver in the keyboard icon shows up in the devices list so I assume the computer recognizes it.

The box indicates it is compatible with windows 7.

There's a connect button on the back of the keyboard and I ve clicked it..

I've unplugged the Dell keyboard connector from the back of the computer. 

The battery indicates FULL.

Just can't figure it out.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation