Question

HPs Student
Student
HPs
Message 1 of 2 (1,053 Views)

HP are the worst computer manufacturer to date

I made the mistake of purchasing one of HPs low grade, ultra low quality computers. It is a a6220a and is a piece of garbage. I regretted purchasing it almost immediatley as it was overpriced and as a friend told me low quality.

My system fan has recently failed, it turns out it is the mtherboard socket it self that has failed. You would think this would be an easy fix - get a ide powered fan and install it. But NO... for some reason most likely to cut costs HP do not include fan controls in their BIOS!!! I have been searching fo a bios update or a solotion to this problem for 3 days now. The only bios update that has been released does not have fan control settings either. And to make matters worse HPs incompetant service staff actually tell people in other forums to just go into bios and adjust the settings. Their own staff know the settings should be there and yet they are not.

I am absolutley disgusted in HPs shocking product and customer service, I will never purchase any HP or compaq product again, and will personally post as many articles informing people of this.

Thanks for wasting my time you incompetant buffoons.

Student
notHPbuyer
Message 2 of 2 (995 Views)

Re: HP are the worst computer manufacturer to date

It is one of the worst manufacturers. Stay away from them. I bought Compaq Presario R3000 laptop. The couple of months before the warranty ran out for R3000, it died. I have to send it to HP and they replaced the motherboard. 14 months after the motherboard died again and I paid HP $200.00 to replace it again. After R3000 motherboard died the third time I searched Google and discovered that HP recalling the batteries that were installed on my laptop. The batteries generated an extensive heat and overheated the motherboard, so you need to pay HP $200 to fix it. (Great business model).  I called HP and stated that their batteries fried the motherboard 3 times, but they refused to replace the batteries and fix the motherboard stating that laptop is outside of the warranty. It appears that this is a pattern as another Compaq laptop that I bought to my son had the same problems and (surprise, surprise!!!) it has the same type of the battery installed.  I have 2 dead laptops at my home now. Shame on HP. I am going to send both of them to Mark Hurd their Chief Executive Officer and President to scrap.  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation