Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

About a year ago I bought a brand new HP pavilion P6000 series (Model #: p6605f) desktop (W7 64bits.

I was searching info about memory upgrades for this PC, but Is it true the HP pavilion P6000 series (Model #: p6605f) desktop (W7 64bits) supports ONLY 4Gb ????

Really ???

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi 

Please find the web link given below in regards to your question.

HP Pavilion p6605f Desktop PC Product Specifications

Let us know how it goes!

*Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

*Did my response help with your issue? If so, please give me Kudos by clicking the "Kudos" button. Thanks!

Regards,

Manjunath

Let us know how it goes!

"I work for HP."
****Click the (purple thumbs up icon in the lower right corner of a post) to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****

Regards
Manjunath
HP Recommended

Sojoda, welcome to the forum.

The amount of memory supported depends on the operating system.  If it is 32-bit, you can only install up to 4GB with only 3.25GB available for use.  If it is 64-bit, which is what your computer is running, you can install up 16GB.  Here is the information from the specs:

• Dual channel memory architecture
  • Four DDR2 SO-DIMM (240-pin) sockets
  • Supported DIMM types:
  • PC2-6400 (800 MHz)
  • PC2-5300 (667 MHz)
  • Non-ECC memory only, unbuffered
  • Supports 4GB DDR2 DIMMs
  • Supports up to 16 GB on 64-bit PCs
  • Supports up to 4 GB* on 32-bit PCs
  • 32 bit PCs cannot address a full 4.0 GB of memory.

Please click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

On the link provided by Manjunath, it says on the Memory upgrade section:

• Supports DDR3 DIMMs only
  • Dual channel memory architecture
  • Two DDR3 DIMM (240-pin) sockets
  • DIMM types:

• PC3-10600 (DDR3-1333)
  • PC3-8500 (DDR3-1066)
  • PC3-6400 (DDR3-800)
  • Non-ECC memory only, unbuffered
  • Supports 2 GB DDR3 DIMMs
  • Supports up to 4 GB on 64-bit PCs
  • Maximum memory only if using 2GB DDR3 DIMM modules
    So, does it really support ONLY 4GB total ? or hopefully 16 Gb as you pointed out ?
    This HP Pavilion p6605f is running W7 64 bits.
    Thansk again.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.