Question

Student
murrayg71
Message 1 of 2 (718 Views)

HPTSMSMVP

Some of my picture files and also some document files in which the document has been scanned into the computer as JPEG now show  an icon with a little camera and bear the following format designation now:

HPTSMSMVP.JPEG

I do not know when or how they got this designation, and when I try to access or attach one of these individual files to an e-mail it brings up my entire collection of photos and documents in the HP Media Smart site!

How did this happen, and what is the easiest way to convert all these files back to plain JPEG format?

Please help. Thank you.

Retired
Lil_Lisa27
Message 2 of 2 (692 Views)

Re: HPTSMSMVP

Hello,

To re associate these files back to the correct file type, I have included the following 'Change a Program Associated with a File Type in Windows 7' (will work for most operating systems). When you do get to step 3, look for these file types jpg, jpeg and jpe. Please copy down what the current default is set to and let me know. If they are not set to Windows Photo Viewer, please set them as such.

Thank you.

I worked on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation