Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
pavilion p6537
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

After upgrading to Windows 10, my monthly hardware diagnostic tool did not work. Received a Device Discovery Error suggesting I restart the program or restart my computer. I have performed both operations and the diagnostic tool still does not work.  Would this be from the Windows 10 upgrade or just a corrupt file?  Have never had a problem with this tool before.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Are you referring to the HP Support Assistant?  If yes, then uninstall the old version via the Control Panel -- Program and Features and then install the newest HP Support Assistant.

HP ENVY 6055, HP Deskjet 1112
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 11 x64
Custom PC - Z690, i9-12900K, 32GB DDR5 5600, dual 512 GB NVMe, gen4 2 TB m.2 SSD, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 3080 10GB

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi,

Are you referring to the HP Support Assistant?  If yes, then uninstall the old version via the Control Panel -- Program and Features and then install the newest HP Support Assistant.

Custom PC - Z690, i9-12900K, 32GB DDR5 5600, dual 512 GB NVMe, gen4 2 TB m.2 SSD, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 3080 10GB
HP Recommended

Whew! it sure is a different layout but all the info is there. Thanks, really appreciate the help.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for posting on the forum.:smileyhappy:

HP Recommended

Since upgrading to windows 10, Hardware Diagnostics Tool (via HP Tools ) has stopped working with a device discovery error. I did download the latest HP Support Assistant, but not sure where to run this Hardware Diagnostics tool anymore. The old version is uninstallable because the choice to modify or uninstall is greyed out via the control panel

Is the use of this tool still supported for Windows 10

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.