Question

Tutor
Wavepax
Message 1 of 3 (395 Views)

Hardware Diagnostic Tools (PC-Doctor) won't start on HPE-180t Desktop

Was wondering what caused the following error that caused the Hardware Diagnostics Tools (PC-doctor) to not run.   The platform is an HPE-180t desktop running Windows 7 x64

"pcdrsysinfocsmi.p5x stopped working"

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:    APPCRASH
  Application Name:    pcdrsysinfocsmi.p5x
  Application Version:    0.0.0.0
  Application Timestamp:    4ab1c462
  Fault Module Name:    KERNELBASE.dll
  Fault Module Version:    6.1.7601.18015
  Fault Module Timestamp:    50b8479b
  Exception Code:    c0000005
  Exception Offset:    0000000000009e5d
  OS Version:    6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
  Locale ID:    1033
  Additional Information 1:    70ca
  Additional Information 2:    70cab121e705f86c3530416f9e147728
  Additional Information 3:    8aed
  Additional Information 4:    8aedfbccaab3b1a984453cd01b4aa9c

Tutor
Wavepax
Message 2 of 3 (371 Views)

Re: Hardware Diagnostic Tools (PC-Doctor) won't start on HPE-180t Desktop

A related easier question - does HP recommend updating the preinstalled Hardware Diagnostic Tools (PC-Doctor) if you update your hardware.  The one hardware update change I made was a 2nd internal hard drive that was replaced/upgraded after failure.  If so, what version of the software is recommended for the HP-180t?  If the software doesn't start, as in my case, how can you tell what version is installed?

Regents Professor
Cloud_Strider
Message 3 of 3 (361 Views)

Re: Hardware Diagnostic Tools (PC-Doctor) won't start on HPE-180t Desktop

Strange as the download was not on this unit's driver/software page, but the newest version I could find was here.  It says it's an update, but it is the full version as I was able to install it on a system that did not have this program installed. 

To answer your question, it is not necessary to update the Hardware Diagnostics when a hardware component is changed. 

Based on this thread, it looks like the specific error you are receiving can be caused by any number or programs.  Is Hardware Diagnostics the only one that is exhibiting an issue?  The accepted answer in the linked thread is that the profile was at fault and it provided a few suggestion on what to try next.  I would start with uninstalling and reinstalling Hardware Diagnostics from the link provided. 

If you wanted to, you could use Vision Diagnostics (how to use it is at the bottom of the document) found here.  It isn't quite as convenient as other forms as this is a bootable CD and is not executable within Windows.  However, it is a more complete diagnostics package in my experience. 

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation