Question

Honor Student
Nicole82
Message 1 of 4 (734 Views)

Help! My computer does not allow me to create new folders

My computer just recently started not letting me create new folders. I do not have Google Chrome. I have Windows XP and have not had any trouble until this point in time. The New Folder option is not even listed when I right-click on the desktop and does not respond when clicked in another folder. I have Norton Security, but it might be a virus...I have no idea what it could be and why it is doing this now. I need help.

Professor
npw05001
Message 2 of 4 (723 Views)

Re: Help! My computer does not allow me to create new folders

Hello Nicole82,

I see that you are having an issue with the creating a new folder option on your computer. This is a weird issue but I have a couple of suggestions that could help.

I would like you to click the start menu and type "desktop" in the search bar under all programs.  Select the program desktop and when the page opens there should be a "new folder" option at the top of the screen. Click that option and create a folder. Then go to the desktop and right click and see if you have the option to create new folders.

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓

Honor Student
Nicole82
Message 3 of 4 (721 Views)

Thanks for the advice but it is still not responding. I made a new briefcase in place of the new folders that I am not able to create so until I get my computer checked out, this will have to do. If you have anymore recommendations or know anybody that does let me know.

Thanks once again :smileyhappy:

Professor
npw05001
Message 4 of 4 (703 Views)

You're Welcome,

I will check for any other options. Keep me updated if you find a solution.

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation