Question

Tutor
CiviCity
Message 1 of 11 (13,675 Views)

High Pitch noise coming from computer.

[ Edited ]

hey guys,i bought this brand new HP Pavillion p6102f yesterday and I find it very awesome except for something that is EXTREMLY annoying....

There is this sound coming out of the case that is totally SIMILAR to the mosquito sound which is very uncomfortable for the ears. I tried to find from where it was coming but its really hard to locate it, but I am pretty sure its from some fan or the hard drive (correct me if I'm wrong). I tried to restart the computer multiple times, change the location of the tower (might be unballanced which caused the sound) and cleaned the fans even if they are still clean. Nothing of those helped out. The sound is none-stop or sometimes it goes away for 10seconds and comes back, it's there whatever I'm doing, it is even there when the computer is Idle.

So any help or suggestion will be really appreciated, thanks for reading.

CiviCity

PS: Sorry for the poor english, it is my third language. :smileyindifferent:

Edit: I've searched a little more inside the case and I am pretty sure its from the graphic card or the CPU fan...what should I do? ><

Message Edited by CiviCity on 11-02-2009 11:54 AM
Provost
old_geekster
Message 2 of 11 (13,646 Views)

Re: High Pitch noise coming from computer.

[ Edited ]

CC, please don't applogize for your English, you are making all of us for whom English is our first lanuage, look bad. :smileywink:

I suggest removing the video card from the computer.  If the noise is no longer there, you will know the culprit and can go on from there.

Message Edited by old_geekster on 11-02-2009 03:13 PM

HP Split 13 x2
- 1.6 Ghz; 4 GB memory; SSD 128 GB; Win 8.0

HP Phoenix ENVY 810-135qe
- i7-4770K (liquid cooled); 8 GB memory; GT 640 (4 GB), SSD (Samsung EVO 840-500 GB); 600W PSU; Win 7 Ultimate

HP Photosmart 7520 AIO

++++++++++++++++++
**Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say 'Thanks'**

Intelligence is God given; Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!

Message 3 of 11 (13,642 Views)

I tried it and it is still here. What should i do next?

Tutor
CiviCity
Message 4 of 11 (13,637 Views)

[ Edited ]

bump...anyone?

i cant handle this anymore its driving me crazy....im about to take the computer and throw it by the window

i got someone to check the computer,its from the power suply...what to do?

Message Edited by CiviCity on 11-02-2009 04:18 PM
Provost
old_geekster
Message 5 of 11 (13,628 Views)

CC, contact HP Customer Service to see what they can do for you.  It sounds like the PSU needs to be replaced.  Here is a link to Customer Service.

Good luck!

HP Split 13 x2
- 1.6 Ghz; 4 GB memory; SSD 128 GB; Win 8.0

HP Phoenix ENVY 810-135qe
- i7-4770K (liquid cooled); 8 GB memory; GT 640 (4 GB), SSD (Samsung EVO 840-500 GB); 600W PSU; Win 7 Ultimate

HP Photosmart 7520 AIO

++++++++++++++++++
**Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say 'Thanks'**

Intelligence is God given; Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!

Message 6 of 11 (13,499 Views)

I don't know if you've solved your problem yet...but try going into "Control Panel" then "Power Options" and play with those options.

Mine are "Balanced", "Power Saver" and "High Performance"...mine was on High Performance and I had that noise, I changed it to Balanced and it was better, then I tried Power Saver and it stopped.

Good Luck

Tutor
CiviCity
Message 7 of 11 (13,482 Views)

lol thanks for the reply,ive tried what u said already but it didnt work. anyways this thread can be locked since i bought another computer and it doesnt make any sound even if its HP,something was wrong in the other one lol
Honor Student
trialx
Message 8 of 11 (13,478 Views)

lol, HP is sending me a replacement...it was due today, it was a "no show".  Even though I fixed the major problem, there are still strange noises coming from this thing.

Good luck with your new computer.

Top Student
Mhenick
Message 9 of 11 (13,473 Views)

I installed a 1GB video card in my HP Media Centre (essentially a repackaged Pavillion), and after a while the (400w) power supply started to make the same noise. After a little while longer it sounded like a helicopter flyover. After another little while longer my computer wouldn't turn on. I replaced the power supply with a more powerful one and, aside from my computer now sounding like a tornado (which I must admit is actually somewhat attractive), it works even better than pre-burned out power supply. And, my tower is now usually cooler than the room temperature around it. If your PC was new, it was probably a good idea to replace it while it was still covered by warranty.
PhD Student
PC_Tester
Message 10 of 11 (13,048 Views)

You can always move the PC to the floor as an option.

BTW, if you upgrade to Windows 7, install this patch.

Install this patch

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Lockups-Freezes-Hangs/Driver-update-for-Win7-USB-issue-on-nVidia-chipse...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation