How do I enable my touchpad? (35482 Views)
Honor Student
Aly623
Message 1 of 6 (35,482 Views)
Accepted Solution

How do I enable my touchpad?

My laptop recently won't click when I tap on the touchpad. I believe it's because it's disabled but I can't figure out how to enable it, or what is wrong with it. Can someone please help me? I use this laptop for my school work and I really need it fixed.

Provost
DavidPK
Message 2 of 6 (35,481 Views)

Re: How do I enable my touchpad?

Hi,

A lot of HP touchpads have an area at the top left of the pad which when double-tapped will toggle the touchpad On/Off.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White Kudos star to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Student
tpampneedshelp
Message 3 of 6 (35,292 Views)

Hey this really helped, thanks a lot!

Student
Burntoast98
Message 4 of 6 (9,667 Views)

i have an hp envy touchsmrt computer and i cant find out how to enable my touchpad, i have looked at the top corner of my touchpad but there is no button that will turn it on... any suggestions?

Aly623 wrote:

My laptop recently won't click when I tap on the touchpad. I believe it's because it's disabled but I can't figure out how to enable it, or what is wrong with it. Can someone please help me? I use this laptop for my school work and I really need it fixed.

Aly623 wrote:

HP
Waterboy71
Message 5 of 6 (9,653 Views)

Hi Burntoast98, Davidpk wrote "A lot of HP touchpads have an area at the top left of the pad which when double-tapped will toggle the touchpad On/Off."

No button is actually on the top left corner. You simply need to tap the top left corner as Davidpk specified. Hope this clears up the confusion for you.

Thanks

Waterboy71
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!

Student
damancy01
Message 6 of 6 (3,267 Views)

please i am having problem with my hp sound how can i fix it
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation