Question

Honor Student
Aly623
Message 1 of 8 (57,082 Views)
Accepted Solution

How do I enable my touchpad?

My laptop recently won't click when I tap on the touchpad. I believe it's because it's disabled but I can't figure out how to enable it, or what is wrong with it. Can someone please help me? I use this laptop for my school work and I really need it fixed.

Provost
DavidPK
Message 2 of 8 (57,081 Views)

Re: How do I enable my touchpad?

Hi,

A lot of HP touchpads have an area at the top left of the pad which when double-tapped will toggle the touchpad On/Off.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Student
tpampneedshelp
Message 3 of 8 (56,892 Views)

Hey this really helped, thanks a lot!

Student
Burntoast98
Message 4 of 8 (31,267 Views)

i have an hp envy touchsmrt computer and i cant find out how to enable my touchpad, i have looked at the top corner of my touchpad but there is no button that will turn it on... any suggestions?

Aly623 wrote:

My laptop recently won't click when I tap on the touchpad. I believe it's because it's disabled but I can't figure out how to enable it, or what is wrong with it. Can someone please help me? I use this laptop for my school work and I really need it fixed.

Aly623 wrote:

HP Support Agent
Waterboy71
Message 5 of 8 (31,253 Views)

Hi Burntoast98, Davidpk wrote "A lot of HP touchpads have an area at the top left of the pad which when double-tapped will toggle the touchpad On/Off."

No button is actually on the top left corner. You simply need to tap the top left corner as Davidpk specified. Hope this clears up the confusion for you.

Thanks

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

W a t e r b o y 71
I work on behalf of HP
Student
damancy01
Message 6 of 8 (24,863 Views)

please i am having problem with my hp sound how can i fix it
Student
kstring
Message 7 of 8 (10,095 Views)

Yes, my touchpad stopped working after a visit from the grandaughter (she loves keyboards). My touch pad had a tiny light up in the upper left hand corner that shined white while it was not working. When I tapped the upper left, that wasn"t enough. When I got a little more robust and thunked it a couple of times, the light turned of and the touchpad works again.

Student
edcarstens
Message 8 of 8 (8,960 Views)

My daughter uses my HP laptop more than I do now.  The touchpad somehow is disabled and I can't figure out how to enable it. There is a round depression in the upper left corner of the touchpad.  I've clicked it, double-clicked it, thumped it, but to no avail.  My USB mouse works. I'm running Windows 8. I've also looked in the Device Manager and can't find the touchpad device anywhere. Then I rebooted to look at the BIOS settings. Nothing there related to the touchpad.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation