Question

Honor Student
Barejah
Message 1 of 6 (8,906 Views)

How do I stop screen from going into a sleep mode?

I need to charge a new product from my PC & it clearly states -  'Do Not Allow PC to Enter Sleep Mode' - - for @ least two hours
Thank you

HP Pavilion p6627c Desktop PC
Provost
Paul_Tikkanen
Message 2 of 6 (8,900 Views)

Re: How do I stop screen from going into a sleep mode?

Hi:

Go into the control panel>system and security>power options>change when the computer sleeps and set it to never until you've charged your device.

It doesn't matter if your monitor goes to sleep as the PC is still running. If you want to leave the monitor on you can change that in the power options on the left hand side where it says to choose when to turn off the display.

Paul

Honor Student
Barejah
Message 3 of 6 (8,890 Views)

Thank you Paul !!

Provost
Paul_Tikkanen
Message 4 of 6 (8,889 Views)

You're very welcome.

Student
Hemantrhtk
Message 5 of 6 (4,196 Views)

Tonight I was watching movie on my TV being broadcasted via HDMI from my Laptop.

It was annoying to force my laptop from dying every now and then. (Somehow I was not able to change power management settings to never sleep, don’t know why!!!)
So here is the powershell script solution :
only move mouse ( http://sharepoint.asia/can-i-stop-my-screen-from-locking-due-to-inactivity/#onlymovemouse )
Source(s):
http://sharepoint.asia/can-i-stop-my-screen-from-locking-due-to-inactivity/#onlymovemouse

Student
Mary_26
Message 6 of 6 (2,824 Views)

What do you mean by value?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation