Question

Student
jjaquinta
Message 1 of 2 (3,016 Views)

How do I turn off special keys on keyboard?

I know you are trying ot be helpful with all the bells and whistles, but my cat likes to step on the lovely big button with the moon on it and turn my computer off when he'd rather I was petting him instead of working.

Is there a setting I can make or a driver I can uninstall that stops the extra keys running along the sides and top of my keyboard from working?

Provost
old_geekster
Message 2 of 2 (3,003 Views)

Re: How do I turn off special keys on keyboard?

JJaquinta, welcome to the forum.

Isn't it amazing how animals have an instinctive way of knowing how to get our attention?

You can render the Sleep Button helpless by opening the Control Panel/Power Options and setting it to Do nothing where it asks "What to do when I push the Sleep Button".

For future reference, it is always good to let us know the make/model of the computer and which operating system is running. This allows us to give better instructions.

HP Split 13 x2
- 1.6 Ghz; 4 GB memory; SSD 128 GB; Win 8.0

HP Phoenix ENVY 810-135qe
- i7-4770K (liquid cooled); 8 GB memory; GT 640 (4 GB), SSD (Samsung EVO 840-500 GB); 600W PSU; Win 7 Ultimate

HP Photosmart 7520 AIO

++++++++++++++++++
**Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say 'Thanks'**

Intelligence is God given; Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!