Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Nope , it came back on during next message !

1st:  How do I shut it off É

2nd: How did I turn it on in the first place É

3rd:  What are they for anyway É

hahaha just noticed I canèt ask the question with a question mark (É) right now

lol

I tried the CNTR key & SHIFT key WHILE tapping the other SHIFT key

always worked but problem kept coming back

I just tried going into keyboard set up and swiching to US instead of Canada.. I will let you know...

Start windows key, devices, keyboard languages, English US instead of English Canada

Okay I had been switching back and turning off blue keys all the time, seems to be gone now ... permantly !

HP Recommended

Thank you !   Look no funny characters anymore, it worked.  Ctrl+right shift, tap a couple of time, viola.:smileyhappy:

HP Recommended

This has bugged me from day one. Cannot think why the keyboard is set up to fail this way.

Your remedy works! At last!

Thank you 

HP Recommended

In windows 8, go to your control panel and click on languages. You want to keep the US Keyboard layout and get rid of the CMS layout. By doing this it won't suddenly switch halfway through.

If you just want to switch back to the straight US keyboard, hit the windows key and the space bar; select the keyboard you want to use.

HP Recommended

Is there a master explanation anywhere to enable me to comprehend?

HP Recommended

Just need to find out how to turn off the BLUE keys on my HP keyboard?

HP Recommended

thanks !!! I called six different tech support lines and went through at least 10 min wait time and ten min of questioning each call only to wind up hanging up cuz they seemed STUPID ! had no idea what I was talkin about ...I googled blue keys on keyboard and got this site and BINGO had it fixed in one minute !! way to go thank you !!!

HP Recommended
How do I get my monitor out of sleep mode I've tried all that I thought of like unplugging all the cards and hooking them back up and I've also tried the mouse and sleep button on the key board.....Help Please
HP Recommended

One easy way I find is to just press left ctrl+ left shift + right shift and then you are done

Cheers and have a great weekend,

Smart_me

HP Recommended

Ctrl+Shift
will change your keyboard layouts...
So you can get your / back instead of é 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.