Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Solution provided (Ctrl+Shft+Shft) only works temporarily.  How to fix PERMANENTLY, pleeeeaasseee...  somebody, puleeeeeeeese !!!\

HP Recommended

Hi jimbristow,

For disabling the function keys, another option that may work for you, is to disable this option in the BIOS. I have included the document 'Disable The Fn + Function Key Combination on Certain Models'. Please follow the instructions in the document, and let me know if you do have the option in the BIOS.

Thank you.

I worked on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Where is the "accept solution" option on the posts? Don' t see it anywhere, not even under the options menu.

HP Recommended
The "accept solution" button as per your link, doesn't exist..
HP Recommended

HP Expert, your post "For disabling the function keys" is not relevant to this post. These people are looking for solution to disable alternative characters on the keyboard, eg. they are getting the character é instead of / 

See my permanent and temporary solutions:

Go to 4th post on page 1

HP Recommended

Thank you--this worked!!

HP Recommended

please help, the alternate keys of my  laptop appears where i needed the main keys, eg o appears instead of m .what could be responsible and how can it be corrected.

HP Recommended

how do i turn off the alternate keys of my acer laptop. please help

HP Recommended

Yes, that works.

I had to hit the right butto hard a few trimes, buit it works!  

Spoiler
:cattongue:
HP Recommended

Awesome, fixed it right off

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.