How do you lock the time setting with Windows XP Pro so employees can't change it? (8301 Views)
Student
txstarrx
Message 1 of 3 (8,301 Views)

How do you lock the time setting with Windows XP Pro so employees can't change it?

I need to password protect ( lock)  the ability to change the computer time by my emp[loyees since they are using a windows based time clock for payroll. is there a way to do it in Windows XP Pro

Associate Dean
Vidya
Message 2 of 3 (8,292 Views)

Re: How do you lock the time setting with Windows XP Pro so employees can't change it?

In XP:
> Administrative Tools
> Local Security Policy
> User Rights Assignments
> Change System Time

Remove Power Users and all "extra" Admin. and or other users. So only administrators can change the time but not any other kind of users.

http://www.troublefixers.com/enable-disable-change-of-date-and-time-on-windows-xp/

If you wish to modify this further with Windows XP Professional you can use the Group Policy Editor (gpedit.msc). The setting is located under Computer Configuration, Windows Settings, Local Policies, User Rights Assignment, "Change the system time".

I am an HP employee.

Regards,
Vidya

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

***Click on "Thumbs up" button to the left side of my post to say thanks!***
Student
NiceGirl000
Message 3 of 3 (2,532 Views)

Re: How do you lock the time setting with Windows XP Pro so employees can't change it?

In fact, you can set a password to lock the time setting, so only one who know the password can change the system time, you can read more details abouth how to set a password to lock the time setting with Windows from: How to lock the time setting on Windows?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation