Question

Top Student
tr1pl3s3k
Message 1 of 3 (3,168 Views)

How to create a factory image partition

Alright i sent my computer to HP for service and my FACTORY IMAGE partition got messed up. So I dont want to send it back cause I've sent it back twice. Is there a way of making it myself. PLEASE NO BS i just want an actual HOW TO. Cause I've researched the topic and no straight forward answers.
Tutor
zeroseven0183
Message 2 of 3 (3,163 Views)

Re: How to create a factory image partition

Acronis TrueImage is good imaging software for you. Right after you receive your newly restored image from HP, create an image using that software and store it somewhere else for back-up.

There are a lot of features of Acronis that you can use along the way like Incremental Backup which is very useful for me.

-----------------------------
The real danger is not that computers will begin to think like men, but that men will begin to think like computers.
(Sydney J. Harris)
Provost
CherylG
Message 3 of 3 (3,135 Views)

Re: How to create a factory image partition

[ Edited ]

The only way to recreate the Recovery partition (that I know of) is by booting from Recovery Disks to restore the pc back to factory specs.If you didn't make the Recovery set before the partition got messed up,you will have to order them from HP.

Message Edited by CherylG on 08-01-2009 10:56 PM

******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button is a way to give Kudo's -Thanks!.******
**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others who are searching**
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation