Question

Honor Student
JoonaNikolai
Message 1 of 2 (417 Views)

How to disable windows 8 f key shortcuts

I am using windows 8 and HP Pavilion laptop.

I am playing games that require using f keys sometimes, but these f keys do different things in the desktop or whatsoever.

F1 opens up some kind of windows help bar, f2 makes the screen darker and f3 lighter.

I searched HP support forums and found someone else having the same problem. I followed the instructions and went to disable my action keys in system configurations. I saved the new settings and rebooted laptop, but still those fkeys work without using fn button.

What to do ?

Distinguished Professor
RedRose0528
Message 2 of 2 (396 Views)

Re: How to disable windows 8 f key shortcuts

Hello JoonaNikolai,

You state after disabling the action keys in the BIOS the F keys still work without having to use the FN key along with them, is that correct?  I will try to assist you with this.

Can you please provide the make and model of the computer you have, if you are unsure where to locate that information have a look at this link for help.

Please respond back at your earliest convenience.

Thanks

Clicking the White Kudos star on the left is a way to say Thanks!

Clicking the 'Accept as Solution' button is a way to let others know which steps helped solve the problem!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation