Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi everibody,

Please, how to enable Intel VT-x for HP ENVY 23 Touch All-in-One PC ?.

I could not find it in my BIOS, thank you!.

Greetings.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Look in system security settings as seen in the following simulator image

virtualization settings.png

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Look in system security settings as seen in the following simulator image

virtualization settings.png

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

This problem occurs on an HP Envy 23 23-d260qd. The Bios version is v8.14 LA3-814.ROM. I had installed windows 8.0 and upgraded to windows 8.1.  I then upgraded to windows 8.1 Pro. This was supposed to be necessary to use the Hyper-V phone emulator. When I enabled the Hyper-V option from the Control Panel (I navigated to Programs and Features and selected Turn Windows features on and off, and enabled Hyper-V), the Envy23 then refused to boot.  I presume that the machine has SLAT and virtualization so Hyper-V should work.  I attempted some repair options including resorting to the last safe build and could return to windows 8.1.  However if I attempted to enable Hyper-V it continued to not boot.  Finally resorting to a previous safe build would not work and the computer would not boot and remained stuck with the circular dots and HP logo.  This is the current state of the system. 

I read online that systems with a Gigabyte motherboard displayed this problem.  Do this unit have this motherboard?  If so I read that a firmware upgrade could solve the problem. 

Otherwise I wondered if there was some other answer to the dilemma.

HP Recommended

Hey,

I have exactly the same problems on a hp ENVY 15-j035eo Notebook PC (ENERGY STAR), did you manage to solve the problem, if so can you please share the solution.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.