How to open the case!!! (2368 Views)
Honor Student
cashirey
Message 1 of 4 (2,368 Views)

How to open the case!!!

Haven't had this particular problem before. I was planning on working on a friend's Compaq Presario 5838 Desktop PC and I can not figure out how to open the case. I can not find the manual online and I have tried everything I can think of (without a hammer.)

Suggestions?

Thank you! 

Dean
old_geekster
Message 2 of 4 (2,365 Views)

Re: How to open the case!!!

Cashirey, can I suggest not using a hammer.  :smileywink:

Here is a link to upgrading the memory, but it shows how to open the case:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=bph03886&tmp_task=setupCategory&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&lang=en&product=93633

Let us know if this helps.

HP Split 13 x2
- 1.6 Ghz; 4 GB memory; SSD 128 GB; Win 8.0

HP Phoenix ENVY 810-135qe
- i7-4770K (liquid cooled); 8 GB memory; GT 640 (4 GB), SSD (Samsung EVO 840-500 GB); 600W PSU; Win 7

HP Photosmart 7520 AIO

++++++++++++++++++
**Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say 'Thanks'**

Intelligence is God given; Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!

Message 3 of 4 (2,347 Views)

Hi Cashirey,

As per product specifications of PC model 5838, it is shipped with Minitower chassis - (ATX, ATM, MM, AS),

I found some General information about replacing parts in Minitower, click here ---- >>> Minitower information

Thanks, 

Vamshi

Honor Student
cashirey
Message 4 of 4 (2,326 Views)

Thank you, Vamshi, for your assistance. I wish I could say it has worked but it has not. I can not believe I am having so much difficulty finding documentation to open this case; it is not a mini tower and when I follow other instructions I have read:

Three hexagon screws need to be removed from the back of the case. At that point, grab the handle looking item on the back of the case and the chassis will pull out. In the next post he says adds that the shell pulls out from the front.  

No go - nothing is moving! It is so amazingly frustrating. :smileymad: I've looked on the internet until I'm almost blind but I can not find anything that pertains to this case.

Thank you for your assistance and all further help is ALWAYS APPRECIATED. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation