Question

Honor Student
XCALIBAR
Message 1 of 5 (6,501 Views)

I have HP LinkUp Sender but HP LinkUp Viewer did not Download I uninstalled and reinstalled no help?

I attempted to use HP LinkUp Sender from my HP Pavillion PC to access my HP TouchSmart Desktop which is the remote computer with my files and has the LinkUp Sender but both Computers did not download HP LinkUp Viewer when I downloaded al, I uninstalled both but with no success. I was able to access my files  from the remote computer but not the actual screen because of no Viewer.

Help!

XCALIBAR

Honor Student
artkat
Message 2 of 5 (5,376 Views)

Re: I have HP LinkUp Sender but HP LinkUp Viewer did not Download I uninstalled and reinstalled no h

I just spent 1 hour on the phone to HP.  They transferred me 4 times.

If your laptop did not come with HP LINKUP, you can not use this service. Linkup Sender will install, but you can not install Linkup Viewer AND HP does not/will not send or have a download for it.

:smileysad:

Student
whetsell
Message 3 of 5 (4,365 Views)

Re: I have HP LinkUp Sender but HP LinkUp Viewer did not Download I uninstalled and reinstalled no h

XCALIBAR wrote:

I attempted to use HP LinkUp Sender from my HP Pavillion PC to access my HP TouchSmart Desktop which is the remote computer with my files and has the LinkUp Sender but both Computers did not download HP LinkUp Viewer when I downloaded al, I uninstalled both but with no success. I was able to access my files  from the remote computer but not the actual screen because of no Viewer.

Help!

XCALIBAR

Student
password123
Message 4 of 5 (1,880 Views)

XCALIBAR wrote:

Help!

XCALIBAR

Student
vhurrle
Message 5 of 5 (1,803 Views)

Thanks for your efforts -- you just saved me from throwing myself off the balcony! :smileyhappy: Fortunately, during my futile attempts to make Linkup work, I believe I came across a setup page for this same function through Windows so I think I'll take try taking that route.  If all else fails, the balcony will still be there ...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation