Question

Honor Student
randy1945
Message 1 of 5 (8,010 Views)
Accepted Solution

I'm trying to reduce the size of the picture that I'm using for my desktop background

I'm trying to reduce the size of the picture I'm using for my desktop background to fit the screen. What steps do I need to take.

Regents Professor
Hanspuppa
Message 2 of 5 (8,006 Views)

Re: I'm trying to reduce the size of the picture that I'm using for my desktop background

[ Edited ]

randy1945 wrote: I'm trying to reduce the size of the picture I'm using for my desktop background to fit the screen. What steps do I need to take.

Hello randy1945, Can you advise which operating system you are using? This would make a difference on how to accomplish this task.

If you are using a Windows 7 system, right click on the desktop and a menu should open. Select Personalize, and you will find some options in the lower left corner of the window to resize the desktop wallpaper. You can see the image change each time you make a different selection.

Let us know if this does not resolve the issue or if you have another verison of the operating system.

Please click the White Kudos star on the left, to say thanks.

Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem.

Honor Student
randy1945
Message 3 of 5 (7,998 Views)

Re: I'm trying to reduce the size of the picture that I'm using for my desktop background

I'm using the Windows 7 system,but the three(3) options didn't help. They were Display--Taskbar&Start Menu--Ease of Access Center.

Regents Professor
Hanspuppa
Message 4 of 5 (7,989 Views)

randy1945 wrote: I'm using the Windows 7 system,but the three(3) options didn't help. They were Display--Taskbar&Start Menu--Ease of Access Center.

Hello randy1945, I'm sorry. I left out a very important step. Trying to recall this from memory.

When you get to the screen that shows the three options you mention, click on the Desktop Background to the right of these options at the lower portion of the screen.

This should reveal another screen option where you can click on Picture Position. This is where you can change the postition of the wallpaper on the screen.

Please click the White Kudos star on the left, to say thanks.

Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem.

Student
Intipuss
Message 5 of 5 (7,134 Views)

Thank you so much - HP themselves only wanted money and offered little help.

You fixed my problem in minutes. This solution is not even part of the generic or online 'hp support' & it should be.

You are a great person!

many thanks again

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation