Question

Student
sharmcb
Message 1 of 4 (21,432 Views)

Items stuck in taskbar. Won't open or maximize

Have new HP computer p6823w. Windows 7 64-bit.  Items such as control panel, documents, updates, etc stick in taskbar.  When click on to open to screen, they seem to fly off page.  Right click on maximize & nothing happens.  Tried all restore pts (only have a few since have only had computer 5 days), but didn't help anything.  Now today IE pages are going to taskbar & won't come out either. Any ideas??

Student
Marlap59
Message 2 of 4 (21,419 Views)

Re: Items stuck in taskbar. Won't open or maximize

I got help with this this morning.

First:  Press the key with the windows icon and the letter "p" at the same time.

A panel with pictures of four computer acreens will pop up.  Yours is probably set to the third picture "extend."  Mine was.

Second:   Just click on the first panel "computer only" and you should be set.   It worked great for me.

Honor Student
FridayG
Message 3 of 4 (14,309 Views)

The Windows-P hint worked like a charm for me.  This was probably the 5th "solution" I've tried to no avail.  Worked using Windows 8.

Student
jimmy_ballz
Message 4 of 4 (1,010 Views)

i'm having the same problem, along with a few others. I always have Utorrent in the task bar, set to launch on startup. when i hover over the icon, it shows that its open. however, if i click on it, sometimes it does not enlarge or maximize. i tried he windows button & "P" at the same time, but its already set on 'computer only...? any other suggestions? thanx in advance

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation