Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I installed the mobo from an h8-1223 into a new case and forgot to draw out where the wires went before pulling them all, so this board is not marked as to where the pw sw, pw led, hdd led, reset sw, etc. go. The only I have found is where the pw sw goes. When I search for the schematics for this mobo from this model, all I ever find is the M3970AM mobo schematic. Its like the BM model doesnt exist. It was a new desktop last year and has never been altered. The case has not even been opened. Can anyone help me find a diagram of the M3970BM mobo?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
The AM is all I found in all my research too. But, I'm looking at the mobo right now & it says BM on it. The pictures i found of the AM board looked different than whats in there, so I never even looked at the pin arrangement. I believe the one you sent will b just fine. Thank you so much.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

As far as I can tell, there is no M3970BM motherboard. According to the specs, your computer uses the M3970AM-HP motherboard. Please see the image below for the front connector pinouts;

Pinouts.png

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Please click the white KUDOS star to show your appreciation

Frank

***** Please click the "White Kudos" Thumbs Up to say THANKS for helping *****
***** Please click the "Accept As Solution" on my post, if my help solved your issue *****
***** This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I don't work for HP *****

HP a1632x - Windows 7, 4GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6130y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6320y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
HP p7-1026 - Windows 7, 6GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6787c - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
HP ENVY x360 m6-w103dx - Windows 10, 8GB RAM, Intel HD 520
HP Recommended
The AM is all I found in all my research too. But, I'm looking at the mobo right now & it says BM on it. The pictures i found of the AM board looked different than whats in there, so I never even looked at the pin arrangement. I believe the one you sent will b just fine. Thank you so much.
HP Recommended

I have one too. It is definitely a M3970BM the specs in support on HPs site does list the AM version and I made the mistake of using the BIOS update and it fried my mobo. Don't know for sure but suspect the BM may stand for the AMD version and AM for Intel as my h8-1300z was all AMD configured with a FX-6120 CPU and HD 7570 GPU. 

I know this is an old post but if you still need help I have one to go by.

HP Recommended
I know this is an old post, but I saw it was most recently commented on in 2015, so I figured I would ask the OP Tazmo844 or anyone who happens to know the configuration of the aformentioned wires from the case to the Mobo. I'm going to try the configuration suggested by Rosebud55 and I will post the results here of whether it works or not.

I am working on a media center build using a bunch of old parts I had lying around, and the other motherboard I originally intended to use was not the correct socket type for my processor that I have. So I wanted to temporarily use this Mobo (M3907BM, not AM) that I got off of an old HP PC temporarily until i can get another Mobo more suited to my needs. Any help I can get on such an old thread would be greatly appreciated.

Will post the results of the configuration Rosebud55 suggested a bit later.
HP Recommended

I will be glad to help in anyway possible. I have one that is still 'hooked-up' and all I've done is take the gfx card and RAM out to use elsewhere, so I can still see how all the connections are wired if need be.

The one big thing I noticed when I changed heatsinks is this mobo takes an Intel type heatsink as the holes are square and not rectangular like a usual AMD type. I think somewhere down the line they [HP] had too many made up then ran out of CPUs and sort of 'jerry rigged' a set up...if you need my original heatsink let me know as it was made for the bolt pattern and I still have it in pristine condition. :Wink:

Spoiler

HP Recommended

Also let me add that any 'universal' heatsink that will work on an AM3+ will work as it has the 970 chip set up and they have the square or rectangular base to attach it with. I got a very good Artic cooler type at a very reasonable price on Amazon that works much better than the OEM version.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.