Memory card not reading (262 Views)
Honor Student
littlebit32
Message 1 of 5 (262 Views)

Memory card not reading

When I put my memory card in the slot the automatic reader does not come up. The one where it asks what you want to do with your pictures. How can I fix this or get the pictures off the card onto my computer?

Provost
banhien
Message 2 of 5 (256 Views)

Re: Memory card not reading

Hi,

What is your machine and its OS ? Some readers can not read cards larger than 2GB (capacity) I don't know why they build the machine like that because I could buy an external card reader for only $3 (yes $3) at Best Buy last year.I actually bought 10 of them during my visit to the US, they can read 5 types of cards, large, small w/o any problem.

Regards

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Honor Student
littlebit32
Message 3 of 5 (252 Views)

It's a Presario SR1620NX. Not sure what the OS is. The machine is at least 6 years old.

Provost
banhien
Message 4 of 5 (249 Views)

littlebit32 wrote:

It's a Presario SR1620NX. Not sure what the OS is. The machine is at least 6 years old.

Hi,

OS is for Operating system (such as Windows XP, Vista, 7 ...). Probably it has same problem with my old nx8220 (can't read anything larger than 2GB). Please download this patch and install it on your machine.

Hope this helps.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Honor Student
littlebit32
Message 5 of 5 (245 Views)

OK. I have Windows XP. I think you are right about not reading anything bigger than 2 GB. It will read my old card (512 MB) but not my new one (4 GB). I did download & install the patch that you sent & it still will not read the new card. Do you have any other suggestions for something that might work?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation