Question

Honor Student
Sonottechsavy
Message 1 of 7 (6,223 Views)

My HP 2000-21OUS will not turn on or start up

I have an HP 2000-21OUS Notebook PC that will not start up.it just recently started doing this and I don't know why however I think that it has something to do with this software called dream scene that I downloaded it allows you to have a video as your desktop background. See what happens is that I push the power button to turn it on making sure its all charged with the power cord in and the power light comes on the LED lights come on the wireless light omes on and stays orange I hear the fan spinning but the screen stays black and nothing else happens and then after a few seconds to a minute it turns back off. I don't know why it's doing this and I'd REALLY REALLY REALLY appreciate it if someone would help me to solve this PLEASE because I can't get into my laptop thank you so much! Laptop deats: Windows 7 64 but operating system Has the number 2000 on it Is a 2000-21OUS notebook PC Purchased in December Intel pentium inside Windows 7 home premium THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!
Regents Professor
ManjunathTech
Message 2 of 7 (6,220 Views)

Re: My HP 2000-21OUS will not turn on or start up

Hi

Please find the link given below might help you to resolve your issue.

Troubleshooting Error Messages on a Black Screen that may Occur During Startup or Boot

Let us know how it goes!

"I work for HP."
****Click the (purple thumbs up icon in the lower right corner of a post) to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****

Regards
Manjunath
Honor Student
Sonottechsavy
Message 3 of 7 (6,217 Views)

I'm sorry but it didn't work it just stayed blank and then cu back off after a few seconds/minute
Regents Professor
ManjunathTech
Message 4 of 7 (6,207 Views)

Hi

Please check incase you are comfortable in reseating the Hard drive & Memory from the back panel incase this does not work please call HP technical support and get the part replaced.

Let us know how it goes!

"I work for HP."
****Click the (purple thumbs up icon in the lower right corner of a post) to say thanks****

Regards
Manjunath
Honor Student
Sonottechsavy
Message 5 of 7 (6,161 Views)

I ran the hard disk check and it passed and then I ran the memory check and it passed this time I got it to stay on after leaving it on the charger and not using it for a couple of days and I got it to work. Lately I've been getting a lot of error messages however such as IAStorIcon has stopped working, HP Wireless assistant has stopped working etc. but then they go away and it works just fine. I turned it on this morning though and about 10 minutes into me using it it shut off to a blue error message screen saying that windows had to be shut down in order to prevent damage then a bunch of error codes then it restarted and went to the regular boot up process only this time i had the option of either booting up regularly or running the recommended system repair. I ran the system repair and it gave me the option of restoring it which I did to an earlier point. It is working now but I'm still getting the error messages I am running the command scan sfc/scannow in the command prompt right now it's supposed to fix corrupt files. Also there was an error after that blue screen I talked about earlier it said something about the "checksum not matching the same checksum and that the file might be corrupt" or something along those lines. It froze on that screen so I turned it off and then went through with the system restore N.B.. this happened after the blue screen. I was wondering if you can tell me what might be wrong with my laptop or what might be causing all of these problems. Its working now but I'm terrified that it will relapse and stop working again thank you so much for your help! :smileyhappy: 

Honor Student
Sonottechsavy
Message 6 of 7 (6,158 Views)

The scan just ended and found no integrity problems I just wanted to let you know that.

Regents Professor
ManjunathTech
Message 7 of 7 (6,153 Views)

Hi

Please try doing a system restore to the date where unit was working fine. Please Go to HP website and update the Bios, Graphic  & Chipset driver and have it checked.

Let us know how it goes!

"I work for HP."

Regards
Manjunath
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation